What's new

I received my GEM 1912 and.

Absolutely love it!

I got an amazing shave on the first try. A little sting with the AS on the neck, but no nicks or weepers. Easy DFS.

Shaved with it again, and even better results: DFS with no sting!

I'm using Blue Star PTFE coated blades.

So today I bought a Clog Pruf MM to try a more aggressive SE razor.

My DEs may not get much more use!

That's great you are finding your way with SEs....The Clog-Pruf is a lovely user friendly SE...It should be used Flat Against the Face & a Very Light Touch is the Order of the Day....:001_cool:

Billy

3rd shave with the 1912 today. What a wonderful shaver! Very intuitive. No nicks or weepers. Minimal sting with AS.

I'm a convert! I took my FaTip Piccolo, Merkur 34C, and Parker 24C out of the rotation. Only my Merkur 37C slant, DE89, and RR Mission are still in the medicine cabinet, along with the 1912.

I can't wait for the MM Clog Pruf to arrive!

Glad you love your 1912, I love mine too.:thumbup1: Which version did you get? There are several variations. You should post some pics.

The Clog Pruf arrived this evening. It is in mint condition! I'll give it a try tomorrow morning and report back.

Can't wait!

Well, the Clog Pruf's test drive was this morning, and it went great! Very nice shave. More aggressive than my short-handled GEM 1912, but still no weepers or nicks. I probably used too much pressure, and I didn't get as close everywhere as I like.

Still, a fantastic razor, and I know it will only get better with more practice.

I'm going to use the CP-MM for the next week of shaves. Then I'll start rotating it with my 1912.

Love the single edge razors!

The 1912 seems to be more forgiving of the two. I got a BBS out of the Clog Pruf today, but with a little irritation. Not bad irritation.

Both completely have blown my DEs out of the water.

Aye that's great folks are getting on with the Clog - Pruf...A Feather like touch is the secret with this razor...Head totally flat against the face, more or less....This is fairly heavy weighted SE....Trust it and let the blade do the work.....People tend to think that they are using a light touch but it takes a bit of practice....I find the Clog - Pruf to be more aggressive than the 1912 but ever so smooth and refined by comparison...Its a different animal to the 1912 and requires more attention....:001_cool:

Billy

The first time I used mine it was so smooth I went kind of fast and careless. Then about 30 minutes later I felt a lot of irritation. It's more aggressive than it first seems but if you have your technique down it will give you a great shave. I think it's one of the best SE razors out there. Here is mine. It came with the box.

View attachment 594061

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
I have been resisting the draw of a MM-OC. Must resist!

Me too. I have an MM-OC, MM-CP, Bullet Tip, 1912, 1914 and a bunch of others that I have not tried yet. I am treading lightly, using my Featherweight until I get comfy with that. I may move to the my Gem Pushbutton next and give that a whirl. I think it will be a while until I get to those older SEs.

My OCMM arrived yesterday while I was away at a conference. I'll shave with it tomorrow and report in with the results.

Shaved with the GEM OCMM this morning. I can tell that it must be respected during the shave by the exposed blade, but the shave was really good. DFS plus. I used Noxema for pre-shave wash, Stirling Coconut Lime shave soap, and my Omega 48 brush.

I had a few pimples (nothing like being 46 and getting pimples, thanks testosterone replacement therapy!), so there was a little blood-letting, but any razor would have shaved them off.

I do have to say that it shaves very similarly to my Clog Pruf: Same angle, same need for minimal pressure.

I'll use the OCMM for this week and then it will join my 1912 and Clog Pruf in my SE rotation.

Top Bottom