What's new

East to West/West to East on neck?

For me, to shave across the grain on my neck I would have to go ear to ear, horizontally, East to West, West to East. I have not tried this but I would like to know if there are any shavers out there who in fact shave this way? From the videos I've seen on the internet, most people traditionally shave only up and down vertically on the neck. However, I cannot get my neck baby smooth this way. Thoughts?

It is hard to create a flat shaving surface on what's basically a cylinder. The razor is just too long. You might find, though, with practice and good stretching, N/S and S/N passes are sufficient, perhaps with a bit of an angle.

I do a 2+ pass shave. North to South on my whole face, including neck. Then a sideways Nose to Ear pass on my whole face. Then usually my neck and jawline area get a little touch up in the Ear to Nose direction.

So, yes, the sideways passes are quite normal.

I do a diagonal in and up as well, and got to a scything motion with the blade almost horizontal. That resulted in a few cuts figuring things out, but it's the closest I can get to an irritation free E-W pass.

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
Almost a 45 degree angle for the blade (tip up) instead of being parallel to the floor. It catches most of my EW/WE hair growth on the outer half of my neck. I'm okay with a CCS on the neck and don't chase BBS/DFS as I know the hair will be there again the next day. :blushing:

Almost a 45 degree angle for the blade (tip up) instead of being parallel to the floor. It catches most of my EW/WE hair growth on the outer half of my neck. I'm okay with a CCS on the neck and don't chase BBS/DFS as I know the hair will be there again the next day. :blushing:

This is where I'm at as well.

Top Bottom