What's new

Barber-Sized Proraso

On a whim I ordered one of the giant 500Ml tubes of Proraso Green. I didn't really save much money as opposed to buying another three 150Ml tubes, but felt I needed to experience one of these behemoth tubes at least once. I think I'll miss the metal tubes, but am looking forward to getting the big one even if it is plastic.

Slash McCoy

I freehand dog rockets
Aw, dont be such a lightweight. Get the 55gal drum, and a pneumatic grease gun to dispense the product.

Where did you order it from?

I've seen them around, but never felt the need for it. I love me some good Proraso, but I only use it during the Dog Days of Summer. A 500ml tube would be far too much product for me to keep around, and the gargantual size seems like it would be a little hard to handle for a residential shave den.

I just ordered the regular size tub, I've never tried a menthol shaving product.....from all the reviews, I am certainly looking forward to it. Its hot in Vancouver now lol!

I saw one of those once. It looks unwieldy. Almost like one of those bags of hand sanitizer that goes into a wall mounted dispenser.

Sort of like this one? Good stuff. Now the whole barrio can shave. :laugh:
$image.jpg

I'd say that's it; hoping to get mine today. In my defense, I use a lot of this stuff: no "almond-sized" dollops for me. My water's hard so I usually use about a teaspoon or better to make a lather.

I've also debated on buying the 400Ml Green Splash but don't use nearly as much of it as I do the cream.

I'd say that's it; hoping to get mine today. In my defense, I use a lot of this stuff: no "almond-sized" dollops for me. My water's hard so I usually use about a teaspoon or better to make a lather.

I've also debated on buying the 400Ml Green Splash but don't use nearly as much of it as I do the cream.

I grew up in a house with hard water and I still deal with it when I'm visiting my parents. Proraso cream was one of the only things that ever worked for me. I've seen some very expensive creams just turn into soap scum right in front of my eyes.

I grew up in a house with hard water and I still deal with it when I'm visiting my parents. Proraso cream was one of the only things that ever worked for me. I've seen some very expensive creams just turn into soap scum right in front of my eyes.

I spent about 2 years renting a room in a house that had stinky, rusty well water. I constantly complained about it, but the resident landlord denied any problem. He had lived in that house for most of his life and he thought that was the way water was supposed to be.

I couldn't get anything to lather properly. I couldn't take a shower without it making me feel dirtier than when I started. My laundry was always turning the whites yellow and the permanent press clothes began to unravel and fade. Anything I cooked tasted awful.

At least I solved the shaving problem by getting a Brita pitcher and keeping it in the refrigerator for cooking purposes. I would pour off a cup of filtered water and take it into the bathroom so I could shave with. Then, and only then, I could make a proper lather in that house.

I spent about 2 years renting a room in a house that had stinky, rusty well water. I constantly complained about it, but the resident landlord denied any problem. He had lived in that house for most of his life and he thought that was the way water was supposed to be.

I couldn't get anything to lather properly. I couldn't take a shower without it making me feel dirtier than when I started. My laundry was always turning the whites yellow and the permanent press clothes began to unravel and fade. Anything I cooked tasted awful.

At least I solved the shaving problem by getting a Brita pitcher and keeping it in the refrigerator for cooking purposes. I would pour off a cup of filtered water and take it into the bathroom so I could shave with. Then, and only then, I could make a proper lather in that house.

You got me beat there. My parents water has a lot of calcium in it. I just have to use more product and a good brush to overcome it. Not that much of a hurdle. Every once in a while I'll see white lines in dark clothes.

The upside on that is the mineral concentration actually tastes really good. I've actually bottled my parents tap water and brought with me back to my apartment.

I nearly pulled the trigger on buying that tube for about 21 bucks today from the Italian Barber. Nearly. Mind you, I could get away with the purchase if I convince my wife it's a very special Italian caulking...

Top Bottom