What's new

Bath mitts?

Anyone use these? I've used the pouf things for years now, as they lather better than washcloths, but I guess they aren't like they used to be. They tend to unravel on me, and I'm tired of having to re-tie them. They're cheap, sure, but it's getting annoying.

So I was thinking about another approach. Do bath mitts work well?

Never tried mitts. I used to be a die-hard sea sponge user. Then one day I got tired of the drill and started using the bar by itself. I found I like it better that way. The lather isn't as profuse, but the cleansing is no less potent. Actually, with nicely scented soaps, I find the scent is more intense if the lather isn't as voluminous. Every now and again I'll use a sponge, or even just a wash cloth, if I feel I need some extra exfoliating, but for the most part, straight bar lathering works great.

Never tried mitts. I used to be a die-hard sea sponge user. Then one day I got tired of the drill and started using the bar by itself. I found I like it better that way. The lather isn't as profuse, but the cleansing is no less potent. Actually, with nicely scented soaps, I find the scent is more intense if the lather isn't as voluminous. Every now and again I'll use a sponge, or even just a wash cloth, if I feel I need some extra exfoliating, but for the most part, straight bar lathering works great.

I use Bath Gloves, makes you feel cleaner and more relaxed when you get out the shower. Especially when coupled with a cold shower. What brand of Mitts do you use?

I have been using the Turkish Kelebek Kese rayon mitt. Its proper use is to soap and rinse first, then use the mitt as an exfoliant. The mitt is separate from any washcloth. I've used it to control accumulation of dead skin around my torso. By using it through the summer, I have not had a re-eruption of the Tinea Versicolor fungus that I would otherwise get every year.

I have been using the Turkish Kelebek Kese rayon mitt. Its proper use is to soap and rinse first, then use the mitt as an exfoliant. The mitt is separate from any washcloth. I've used it to control accumulation of dead skin around my torso. By using it through the summer, I have not had a re-eruption of the Tinea Versicolor fungus that I would otherwise get every year.

You use the Turkish mitt by itself without soap?

I've just started using bath gloves. I tried the cheap walmart gloves, & ofc they immediately started unraveling & splitting at the thumbs after 2-3 uses. I ordered gloves on Amazon from "Earth Therapeutics" and they are a significant step up in quality from the walmart brand. I bought the 4 pack for $16.

How bout a poofy thing on a bath mitt? I get these things at Dollar Tree, love 'em!

$20151130_040641.jpg

^ Oooh, that looks interesting. I'll have to keep on lookout for that. Perhaps it won't unravel so easily.

Top Bottom