What's new

Dispensing aftershave without spilling!

So, just how do you dispense aftershave without spilling it all down the side of the bottle, and all over your sink?

This question comes up a lot, so I thought I'd make a quick video to give a solution.

Last edited by a moderator:
Great vid, and one that should have been made years ago.

I was into wet-shaving for about 6 years before I learned that finger on the bottle trick.
I don't how much ASL I've lost down the drain, but it was a lot.

I'm glad I wasn't the only one with this issue. Thank you for sharing this simple yet very helpful tip to prevent spilling aftershave.

Nice tip. I too was doing that wrong when I was pouring from the bottles.

Over the past year I've been putting mine into 3 ounce travel spray bottles instead. I like being able to spray exactly what I need plus the bottles being all the same keeps the ocd part of my brain happy.

Pretty cool. I'll have to watch how I do it, but I don't think I've ever had this problem. Maybe I gotta get some AV and see. Awesome solution. :thumbsup:

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
So, just how do you dispense aftershave without spilling it all down the side of the bottle, and all over your sink?

This question comes up a lot, so I thought I'd make a quick video to give a solution.

Thanks a lot, pal. I've been dispensing that advice for $5 a pop for years. Guess I'll have to start looking for a new part time job. :tongue_sm

Last edited by a moderator:
It works!!!!

At least with my vintage Mennen Skin Bracer Cool Spice!! Thanks for the secret info and always nice to put a face with the screen name :001_cool:

And if you have a bottle like the Citrocol bottle below, which is basically a beer bottle, the wide mouth makes it difficult to pour just a small amount. You can use the same technique to control the flow, by just using your thumb instead of your finger, as shown.

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1438355654.061656.jpg

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1438355692.857975.jpg

Top Bottom