What's new

Newbie, but not!

Greetings to All!

My name is Neil, and though I am a Newbie here at B&B, I am certainly not a Newbie to wet shaving. I must confess that I have been a Lurker here for several months, and hanging out here has been a great learning experience.

I started shaving in the late seventies using Gillette Good News and Bic disposables and canned shaving cream. In 1983 while in Paraguay I saw this Gillette Tech razor at the supermarket. I was intrigued by the thought of using old DE blades, so I bought it. I immediately fell in love with this thing (a super mild shave), and used it continuously for the next 30 years! It is made in Brazil and the date code is A-1, making it a 1980 Tech. I finally replaced it a few years ago with a 1969 Tech I found in an antique store. I didn't know my shaving could get any better until I ditched the can in December, discovering the joy of a shaving brush and soap thanks to B&B! Just this year I've increased my razor count to 22, made up of Techs, TTO's, and Adjustables. I must say my favorite has become the pre-war fat handle Tech with the triangle slots. Awesome shave!

Nonetheless, I want share a picture the Tech I used for 30+ years. This particular plastic handle seems to be fairly uncommon, maybe limited to Latin America?

I'm glad to finally be able to count myself among the B&B community!

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 50
Hello and welcome, Neil. Great to have you here. Wander on over to the Hall of Fame and introduce yourself.

Greetings to All!

My name is Neil, and though I am a Newbie here at B&B, I am certainly not a Newbie to wet shaving. I must confess that I have been a Lurker here for several months, and hanging out here has been a great learning experience.

I started shaving in the late seventies using Gillette Good News and Bic disposables and canned shaving cream. In 1983 while in Paraguay I saw this Gillette Tech razor at the supermarket. I was intrigued by the thought of using old DE blades, so I bought it. I immediately fell in love with this thing (a super mild shave), and used it continuously for the next 30 years! It is made in Brazil and the date code is A-1, making it a 1980 Tech. I finally replaced it a few years ago with a 1969 Tech I found in an antique store. I didn't know my shaving could get any better until I ditched the can in December, discovering the joy of a shaving brush and soap thanks to B&B! Just this year I've increased my razor count to 22, made up of Techs, TTO's, and Adjustables. I must say my favorite has become the pre-war fat handle Tech with the triangle slots. Awesome shave!

Nonetheless, I want share a picture the Tech I used for 30+ years. This particular plastic handle seems to be fairly uncommon, maybe limited to Latin America?

I'm glad to finally be able to count myself among the B&B community!
What is your 2nd fave?

Top Bottom