What's new

Brush to razor ratio

3 brushes:1 DE at the moment but I'm trying out a synth as a replacement for my travel brush.

I have more DE's but they're not actually used.

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
I have 9 brushes and 6 razors, but I use the same razor every day.

In normal use it's 3 brushes and 1 razor.

Knowing what I know about your brush collection, color me impressed!

It actually took me by surprise how many razors I've got - but they don't take up as much space, so it don't look like much compared to the brushes :001_smile
The numbers are 143:136 - an ongoing dilemma, too much and not enough :001_rolle

About 1:1 these days. I have been finding good homes for the razors and buying more brushes. At one time I had about 3 razors for each brush.

Interesting. I figured the brush count would be much higher as that is the most interesting part of the shave.
30 brushes : 3 DEs/Straights

I have 11 brushes(at least I think that is correct). That makes my brush to razor ratio to approximately 1:11. It may be as high as 1:13, I haven't done an inventory in a while.

It actually took me by surprise how many razors I've got - but they don't take up as much space, so it don't look like much compared to the brushes :001_smile
The numbers are 143:136 - an ongoing dilemma, too much and not enough :001_rolle

great scot!
Total enabler!

Semogue SOC, IB, and BC Texugo, Omega Pro, WW Raptor, WW L7, TGN Finest F2, TGN Finest. = 8 Brushes.
RR SLAB, Stealth Slant, Baby Smooth. = 3 Razors.
8:3 = 2.67

Hmm . . . I have 7 synthetic brushes and 3 badgers for a total of 10, but these days I only use the synthetics.

I have 89 single edge razors and 26 DE's, but I only use the SE's.

So, with the razors and brushes I actually use, the ratio is around 12.7 razors per brush.

This is, of course, the brush forum. I wonder what the numbers would be if this question were posed on the SE or DE forum.

--Bob

As of today, I'm at three razors to five brushes. Brushes: two badger, two boar and a synthetic. Razors: EJ89, 52 SS and newly-acquired 76 Black Beauty.

Top Bottom