What's new

Your TWO most favorite creams

I've had my eyes on Wm. Neumann for a long time now. They do look and sound great. I may "hold my nose"(so to speak, lol)and make a purchase in the near future.

For me, it's TOBS Jermyn Street and either Shaving Shop or Sandalwood. Coates Lime shave cream gets an honorable mention.

Proraso and Musgo Real (classic). Although I only had a small sample of the Musgo Real, enough for 3 shaves I think it was...loved it, should buy some!

Castle Forbes Lavender, TOBS Sandalwood, I have several other creams and soaps but after trying CF it's the only one I've been using lately. It's the only cream that never gave me any nicks , I would like to try another brand that would at least be on par but I'm thinking of getting their other scents to be sure, if anyone can recommend another brand with similar price as CF or lower I would really appreciate it. I read about Xpec, ABC etc. but I find it too expensive, I mean is it really that much better than CF?

Last edited:
CF Lime and CF Cedar/Sandalwood, can't stand lavender and/or flowery stuff.

I'm more of a soap man myself, but these are the best creams out there in term of performance IMO, and very simple (and pure) products in term of ingredients.

Nancy Boy Signature and Speick. I could shave with those two pretty much forever and be okay for the most part.

Tip of the hat to Proraso Red, Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet (if only I had that much disposable income), and Top Secret Lanolizado if you want to try something different.

This month I have mainly been using...

Ach Brito Lavanda,
Cyril Salter French Vetiver

Both are great performers and yet they don't get as much chatter as the likes of TOBS, GFT, CF etc.

Worth a look if you want to expand your collection

Im not usually a cream user but if I had to pick 2 they would be:

Musgo Real classic- great woodsy type scent and very slick

TOBS- pick the scent you like because the performance is great (sandalwood would be my choice)

For performance, it doesn't get any better than Fitjar for me.
Scent wise, I have to give the nod to T&H Rose and Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet.

Top Bottom