What's new

Williams shave stick info

Do you guy's know where to buy the Williams shave stick, i would like to try one. If anyone ad info i would appreciate. Gino

Good luck. Williams shave stick is not made any more, at least in the U.S. I understand that there is a product in South Africa but I don't know any company that has it.

Last edited:
Shaveabuck.com had it here in the US, but the website disappeared a couple of weeks, so I assume Shaveabuck is no more. That's where I got mine about a year ago and it was still in stock when the site went down. I don't know where else to get it, or I would. I only have 1/4 a stick left :mad3:

South African Williams stick is now discontinued.I am using one now,wish I had a spare,this is REAL Williams,nothing like the American puck.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Hmmm. Do you think one could take their vintage Williams mug soap and grate it in to a stick and have the same thing?

Hmmm. Do you think one could take their vintage Williams mug soap and grate it in to a stick and have the same thing?

The old Williams was in a class by itself. I did grate two pucks of Williams into a bowl and it improved it's performance. Eventually I will try it in shave stick form.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
The old Williams was in a class by itself. I did grate two pucks of Williams into a bowl and it improved it's performance. Eventually I will try it in shave stick form.

I've got two vintage pucks I have yet to use. I'm scared.

I've got two vintage pucks I have yet to use. I'm scared.
Same here-- found two Glastonbury pucks in an antique shop. If Williams was the same quality today I would never use anything else.. Lather reminded of my now favorite, valobra hard soap. I was astounded.

Marty E.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Oh so Vintage Williams is awesome?

I haven't been understanding these williams threads correctly then.

The soap might be a little different, but I expect the lather would be just as good. I find that my vintage Williams sticks are a bit harder than vintage pucks. But I think that is due to milling or perhaps minor differences in formulation. Both perform well.

Oh, and while I am here I will plug the Creating_A_Shave_Stick wiki page.

Found NOS last weekend, now I can't decide to open it or save it?

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 100
Found NOS last weekend, now I can't decide to open it or save it?

Use it. Soap was made to be used. And then you will have a nice holder for Arko or some other stick.

Does that the foil say it is a reload, or is it urging you to buy one?

Last edited:
Does that the foil say it is a reload, or is it urging you to buy one?

Williams Shaving Stick
--------------------------
GET A RELOAD FROM YOUR DEALER
--------------------------
THE J.B. WILLIAMS CO., Glastonbury, Conn.
PRINTED IN U.S.A.

WHOA!!!

What a Unicorn Discovery!!

Tell us More!!
Yesterday I went to the beach, and decided to go to an antiques fair on the other side of the street.
Some Schick platinum blades came and for 2€ the can of Stick Williams couldn't stay there.

Yesterday I went to the beach, and decided to go to an antiques fair on the other side of the street.
Some Schick platinum blades came and for 2€ the can of Stick Williams couldn't stay there.

Cool! Great find! Looks like a hinged, flip top lid?

Top Bottom