What's new

Coffee cup warning in Canada

Perhaps we need to change the old adage : "Don't cry over spilled milk" to "Sue the bastard that didn't warn me the cup was full!"Not directed at you in particular, Auk..

No offense taken. I think the warning itself is silly, everyone knows a cup of coffe will be hot. The degree of that heat, though, combined with an inattentive window person, could contribute to injuries in some instances. In those instances, I say sue the pudding out of them, they should share in the blame.

The claim that the cup collapsed implies that the police officer was squeezing it harder that was necessary to hold it. Anyone who has used a paper cup and plastic lid knows that the seal is not foolproof, certainly not to the point of relying on a lid to provide extra rigidity. I have sympathy for him with his injury, but less for his claim of blame...though ironically I believe the cup/lid combo has gotten better over time to the point where people may get a false sense of security.

And that's why I get my own mug filled up. And I hate drive thru's. Like the quick minute to get out of the car. And since the Tim Horton's food menu is growing rapidly, the lines are getting way too slow!

I would BAN the sale of ANYTHING other than drinks at the drive throughs . . . you want a doughnut? Go inside, we're trying to keep things moving out here. Same with debit cards . . . cash or tap, THAT'S IT.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
Let's face it .. the only printing on coffee cups Canadians read is:

proxy.php

I would BAN the sale of ANYTHING other than drinks at the drive throughs . . . you want a doughnut? Go inside, we're trying to keep things moving out here. Same with debit cards . . . cash or tap, THAT'S IT.
I support this fully for coffee shops. I also wish the was a way to limit drink quantity to passengers during a weekday until, let's say 10am. I swear the are folks who do the entire office coffee run at the drive thru, when everyone else needs one, maybe two, cups. I long ago gave up on drive thru for anything and go inside. Or these days, make it at home or at work.

Top Bottom