What's new

Pork roast on the Weber

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
The snake method works really well for a long cook! I will try to put some pictures up next time I do that!

Luc

Staff member
Looks like that Sunday will be take 2 of this dish. this time, I will get a pork shoulder with the bone and skin.

I plan to make a dry rub like last time (salt/pepper/paprika) and I want to try a South Carolina BBQ sauce (mustard based).

Any tips for the sauce? As I understand it, I mix it with the meat at the very end once it's in pieces.

Luc

Staff member
The sauce that I used (South Carolina mustard based) was :
1/2 cup yellow mustard
1⁄2 cup cider vinegar
2 tablespoons honey
1 1⁄2 tablespoons unsalted butter
2 teaspoons salt
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon fresh ground black pepper
2 teaspoons Tabasco

I mixed everything and simmered for 30 mins.

I did the sauce on Saturday.

No pictures, sorry gents. The pork was a bit too fatty to my liking, I may try the first cut that I had again but the sauce was quite different to what I am used to. It went well with the pork. I'm used to a tomato-based bbq sauce where this one is mustard. The smoke was great.

I used the snake method again with 3 pieces of applewood.

Luc

Staff member
I made another roast (sorry no pictures) last week where I cooked the piece to over 200F (internal temperature). The thing was shredding by looking at it. That's a tip that I got from Amazingribs.com

I used a classic, ketchup-based, BBQ sauce this time.

Luc

Staff member
I have to smoke 2 shoulders this week-end on the weber. I am going to a birthday party... There will be pulled pork on the weber, buns and slaw...

I plan to use the Franklin Regular BBQ sauce from his book : http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/462585-Franklin-Barbecue-Book

It's someone's birthday and we are supposed to have pizza, cake, coffee but I suggested that I could bring something else for those who would like a different option...

Everything wrapped in Butcher paper of course!

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
I have to smoke 2 shoulders this week-end on the weber. I am going to a birthday party... There will be pulled pork on the weber, buns and slaw...

I plan to use the Franklin Regular BBQ sauce from his book : http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/462585-Franklin-Barbecue-Book

It's someone's birthday and we are supposed to have pizza, cake, coffee but I suggested that I could bring something else for those who would like a different option...

Everything wrapped in Butcher paper of course!

Oh boy, someone's in for a big surprise. You could add a few slices of sausage on top of the pulled pork sandwiches for an added bang.

...gee, I wish I had you as a friend on my birthday. :001_smile

Luc

Staff member
It's always better when the Weber is involved!

Luc

Staff member
I will post some pictures promised

Luc

Staff member
Everything went well. I have pictures but tapatalk isn't letting post until I sign up for I don't know what

Will post later. 2 shoulders smoked. Homemade BBQ sauce. It was a hit!

Luc

Staff member
Here we go...

smoking both shoulders over mesquite (I like mesquite quite a lot).
$IMG_2222.jpg

Resting time, the claws are ready, homemade BBQ sauce, it's Franklin's regular BBQ sauce from the manifesto book.
$IMG_2223.jpg

Ready to go in a bun with some slaw!
$IMG_2224.jpg

My father in law took whatever was left over. We usually have pizza at those gigs and the pizza was not a success this time... :tongue_sm Out of 6 boxes, only 3 were gone...

Top Bottom