What's new

Double-Spice Ice

Inspired by OkieStubble and The Vez2, my two favorite Bootlegger buddies, I decided to invent my own.

Here is the 'recipe' in case you are interested.

Double Spice Ice

All in equal parts:

1 part Old Spice After Shave(I used P&G version)
1 Part Old Spice Cologne
1 part Fine SnakeBite

Last edited by a moderator:
The addition of the cologne adds nice longevity without being too overpowering. The ingredients of the P&G Old Spice after shave and cologne are very similar. The Snake Bite offers a nice menthol infusion. I thought about just adding menthol crystals and forgoing the Snake Bite, but I have so much product around I figured why not.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Nice recipe, but it's not "Bootlegger's" unless it's got OkieStubble's seal of approval.

His patent paperwork is draconian, but I must give the master his due.

It's hard out here for a pimp...

Still waiting word from OkieStubble if I can officially enter it in The Bootlegger's Pantheon.

Sounds very interesting. I would love to try some. :)

EDIT: Tony, Is Kramperts Snake Bite considered a cheap aftershave?

Last edited:
I got the hint...LOL!

I used up my last tiny bit of Snakebite when I did this experiment. When I reorder I will definitely send you some.

Where do you purchase those sampler spray bottles?

Last edited:

OkieStubble

I got the hint...LOL!

Not trying to be exclusive or elitist. It's not in my personality. Just trying to uphold the original intent and standards of how "Bootlegger's" came about in the first place. Notice the very simple definition our beloved "CEO" Vez2 actually wrote himself, into the Bootlegger's Wiki:

The Bootlegger’s “brand” is the brainchild of B&B member OkieStubble (Rob). The idea behind Bootlegger’s is to mix a few common aftershaves together to create a synergistic* blend that is well rounded and on par with more expensive brands. The real beauty of Bootlegger’s aftershaves is that they are made with inexpensive aftershaves, so you can make a great performing aftershave for a very low cost.

OkieStubble rates aftershave in 3 main areas: scent, longevity, and skin feel. If an aftershave is lacking in one of these three areas, or it would help an otherwise lacking aftershave to achieve greatness, then it is a candidate for mixing. That and it needs to be inexpensive. Expensive aftershaves should stand alone on their own without any “doctoring”. He spends a lot of time researching & experimenting in order to find just the right mix, before finalizing the recipe and ultimately giving it the Bootlegger's moniker**.

Someone has to be the bad gatekeeper and police some type of quality control, or someone, somewhere, would be splashing on pink kool-aid and calling it Bootleggers... :)

I used up my last tiny bit of Snakebite when I did this experiment. When I reorder I will definitely send you some.

That would be wonderful. Thanks my man.

Where do you purchase those sampler spray bottles?

Sally's Beauty Supply.

Last edited:
Not trying to be exclusive or elitist. It's not in my personality. Just trying to uphold the original intent and standards of how "Bootlegger's" came about in the first place. Notice the very simple definition our beloved CEO wrote into the Bootlegger's Wiki:

The Bootlegger’s “brand” is the brainchild of B&B member OkieStubble (Rob). The idea behind Bootlegger’s is to mix a few common aftershaves together to create a synergistic* blend that is well rounded and ]b]on par with more expensive brands. The real beauty of Bootlegger’s aftershaves is that they are made with inexpensive aftershaves,[/b] so you can make a great performing aftershave for a very low cost.

OkieStubble rates aftershave in 3 main areas: scent, longevity, and skin feel. If an aftershave is lacking in one of these three areas, or it would help an otherwise lacking aftershave

Definition

Mandom Aftershave Lotion

Read more to achieve greatness, then it is a candidate for mixing. That and it needs to be inexpensive. Expensive aftershaves should stand alone on their own without any “doctoring”. He spends a lot of time researching & experimenting in order to find just the right mix, before finalizing the recipe and ultimately giving it the Bootlegger's moniker**.

Someone has to be the bad gatekeeper and police sometype of quality control, or we would all be wearing pink kool-aid and calling it Bootleggers... :)

That would be wonderful. Thanks my man.

Sally's Beauty Supply.

No problem. You are no elitist. I am totally hip to the rules. I do beg your forgiveness for jumping the gun. I just got so darn excited. :w00t:

I hope the original after shaves in combo qualify as inexpensive. Fine is about fifteen bucks a bottle.

Last edited:

OkieStubble

No problem. You are no elitist. I am totally hip to the rules. I do beg your forgiveness for jumping the gun. I just got so darn excited. :w00t:

I hope the original after shaves in combo qualify as inexpensive. Fine is about fifteen bucks a bottle.

No harm done and no forgivness needed. I can understand when you have something good and just want to share it... :)

I spend alot of time experimenting before I ever even send my first private message to KJ. Then weeks go by with back in forth before a decision is made to offer free samples for member reviews. If those reviews are not positive, or meh, then it's back to the drawing board. I want people to like my concoctions. If they don't, I don't pout about it, I just tweak it or start over.

If you believe in this concoction and feel it is a synergystic blend that is reasonably priced to make, send a sample, and We will put it to the definition:

Synergy- The creation of a whole that is greater than the simple sum of its parts. The term synergy comes from the Greek word synergos, meaning "working together".

I think it would be awesome to have many different concoctions from other members under the Bootlegger's moniker. While it is an unofficial brand and no patents sought, hell, they aren't even for sale. There still needs to be a standard kept so that it will remain something we can all not only participate in, but also be proud of. If not, then what's the use? The Bootlegger's name is just taking up wiki space.

What about a hit of O-Rub? Not sure if the Rub would play ball in OS mix, but it's more inline with the bootlegger philosophy.

OkieStubble

What are the scent ingredients in Snake bite? I dunno if the eucalyptus of OR would mesh with Old Spice? I've seen crazier things though.

Menthol crystals would work, but wouldn't add any other scents.

OkieStubble

Fragrance? Feels like deja vu or a glitch in the matrix doing this in the thread and in pm's doesn't it? :)

Fragrance? Feels like deja vu or a glitch in the matrix doing this in the thread and in pm's doesn't it? :)

It does. :lol:

The Snake Bite by itself is surely a quick fading medicinal menthol fragrance. When mixed with the Old Spice, it fades rapidly and leaves all the top, middle, and base notes of Old Spice to cycle.​

Top Bottom