What's new

Who wants to try PannaCrema Nuavia Blu and Nuavia Rossa

It's nice to see you guys are liking this soap as much as I do. I too noticed how quickly this stuff produces an outstanding lather. It's almost effortless.

It's nice to see you guys are liking this soap as much as I do. I too noticed how quickly this stuff produces an outstanding lather. It's almost effortless.

Quite right. It took me a couple of tries to dial it in (the consistency and type of this soap is actually different than most - it's hard to explain, but people who have used it will know what I'm referring to), but once I had it figured out it produces a very slick and usable lather in well under a minute. Very impressive!

On Monday and Tuesday I shaved with Rossa. I won't comment on the scent, since that is such a personal thing, except to say that I prefer it over the Blu. I was inspired to break out my vintage bottle of THE VEG to match with it. I live in fear that I might never encounter the precious liquid again, and I am very chintzy with it. So that gives you an idea of how I feel about the scent of Rossa.

One of the things I was most curious about when trying the Nuavia products was the claim that a single soap could be a pre-, proto-, and post-shave all in one. I purposefully did not use any other moisturizers, balms, or oils when trying them out. Usually I apply a layer of Noxema underneath my lather but I didn't do that this time. Nuavia delivered on the promise. Indeed, one lather did it all for my skin, and my face felt great all day long. Another way in which Nuavia proves itself to be a time saver.

The whole experience was an exercise in luxury for me, with luxury defined as something that works the way it is supposed to, reliably every time. I have spent a lot of time over the years in search of "the one" and this is it for me. Incidentally, I preferred Nuavia over MdC.

Thank you, David, for putting this together, and to Marco for making this pass-around possible.

Now that I have both Blu and Rossa on my shelf, one might reasonably ask me: why use any other soaps? Nuàvia does indeed excel in every category, and, with its use as a post-shave balm, sort of invents a new category for a soap. The reason to keep my other soaps, of course, is for variety; for the particular feels, scents, and experiences each can offer. But I can't say that any of my top-tier soaps are BETTER than Nuàvia.

Thank you, David, for putting this together, and to Marco for making this pass-around possible.

You're welcome, I'm enjoying reading the reviews and being a part of this as much as all of you are. This thing is only as good as the participants, so thank you for the great reviews and for being kind to those after you.

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
I will say two things regarding Nuavia:

I first bought both colors, and greatly favored the blue. So, I did what any logical person would do, and used the red exclusively.

I have finished the red and moved on to the blue. I find that I am missing the red! The scent grew on me. If you are going to get this soap, really consider buying both.

Secondly, I find that with using Nuavia as a base, I am able to use other soaps such as Tabac, that would normally cause irritation and redness. The Nuavia acts as a base, and I can now use my other soaps in between.

Now that I have both Blu and Rossa on my shelf, one might reasonably ask me: why use any other soaps? Nuàvia does indeed excel in every category, and, with its use as a post-shave balm, sort of invents a new category for a soap. The reason to keep my other soaps, of course, is for variety; for the particular feels, scents, and experiences each can offer. But I can't say that any of my top-tier soaps are BETTER than Nuàvia.

I've thought about using just the Nuavia soaps exclusively and putting everything else aside, however I'd miss the variety I get from everything else.

CzechCzar, It sounds like you finished off the rossa. How long\many shaves did you get out of it? And how did you load it? 10, 20, until the brush couldnt hold any more swirls? :)

On Monday and Tuesday I shaved with Rossa. I won't comment on the scent, since that is such a personal thing, except to say that I prefer it over the Blu. I was inspired to break out my vintage bottle of THE VEG to match with it. I live in fear that I might never encounter the precious liquid again, and I am very chintzy with it. So that gives you an idea of how I feel about the scent of Rossa.

One of the things I was most curious about when trying the Nuavia products was the claim that a single soap could be a pre-, proto-, and post-shave all in one. I purposefully did not use any other moisturizers, balms, or oils when trying them out. Usually I apply a layer of Noxema underneath my lather but I didn't do that this time. Nuavia delivered on the promise. Indeed, one lather did it all for my skin, and my face felt great all day long. Another way in which Nuavia proves itself to be a time saver.

The whole experience was an exercise in luxury for me, with luxury defined as something that works the way it is supposed to, reliably every time. I have spent a lot of time over the years in search of "the one" and this is it for me. Incidentally, I preferred Nuavia over MdC.

Thanks for your detailed impressions! I'm happy you found a soap you enjoy :).

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
CzechCzar, It sounds like you finished off the rossa. How long\many shaves did you get out of it? And how did you load it? 10, 20, until the brush couldnt hold any more swirls? :)

I would say that I loaded it a standard amount, 20-30 swirls per pass. That being said, I have a beard, and so I only shave my neck. I had plenty of lather left, so much so that I always did a 4th pass conditioning lather to let sit on my face while I cleaned up, before applying alum. Even after this, I always had enough lather left for one or two passes more.

I unfortunately don’t have the exact dates, but I first posted 10/8/2015, and my rossa lasted through about 2/5/2016. Considering that my current practice is to shave every 3 days, and take the 4th day off, my soap lasted for around 90 days. This comes out to be about $1.50 per shave – much more than I expected.

Nuavia in the instance that I had was softer. I hear that the more recent iteration is harder. Still, it was about $1.50 per shave for me. For that much money, I may just get Czech & Speake for my next expensive soap, because after the initial investment, it is significantly cheaper.

Where's the best place for a 'Merican to buy this stuff online?

I think you have to buy it from PannaCrema directly if you want to buy it online. Marco at PannnaCrema offers free shipping if you're order is above a certain price point.

I think you have to buy it from PannaCrema directly if you want to buy it online. Marco at PannnaCrema offers free shipping if you're order is above a certain price point.

The two Nuavia soaps probably won't get you over the free shipping hurdle, but adding a "regular" PannaCrema soap should do the trick!

The two Nuavia soaps probably won't get you over the free shipping hurdle, but adding a "regular" PannaCrema soap should do the trick!

Unless prices have changed significantly, I can report that buying both Nuàvia soaps does indeed add up to enough for free shipping. I've ordered the Blu and Rossa set twice now; free shipping both times.

Good info! Maybe he's lowered the barrier to free shipping since I ordered my Nuavia soaps.

You might have gotten yours before the Nuavia price increased as the soaps were priced a bit lower way back when we started this passaround. Marco told me right from the start that the prices would have to increase at some point so it wasn't a surprise. He went over some of his costs with me as well back then. This stuff is all top notch ingredients and the fragrances are significantly more expensive than the ones normally used, so it's certainly not a cheap soap to make.

I believe the free shipping cutoff was at 100 Euros.

Last edited:
You might have gotten yours before the Nuavia price increased as the soaps were priced a bit lower way back when we started this passaround. Marco told me right from the start that the prices would have to increase at some point so it wasn't a surprise. He went over some of his costs with me as well back then. This stuff is all top notch ingredients and the fragrances are significantly more expensive than the ones normally used, so it's certainly not a cheap soap to make.

I believe the free shipping cutoff was at 100 Euros.

Interesting to have it confirmed that the fragrances are indeed more expensive! They smelled of excellent quality to me - I could honestly tell from the first sniff.

Interesting to have it confirmed that the fragrances are indeed more expensive! They smelled of excellent quality to me - I could honestly tell from the first sniff.

Yeah, Marco told be how much more at one point but I don't recall exactly what it was nor would I feel comfortable in sharing that information on a public forum. I can say that I do remember it being substantially higher though, as we're talking more of a this one costs this many times the price of that one thing.

Just know that it's not a small difference at all.

You can tell when you smell the fragrances that they are of a much higher quality.

I unfortunately don’t have the exact dates, but I first posted 10/8/2015, and my rossa lasted through about 2/5/2016. Considering that my current practice is to shave every 3 days, and take the 4th day off, my soap lasted for around 90 days. This comes out to be about $1.50 per shave – much more than I expected.

Wouldn't that be about $0.68 per shave (not counting shipping)?

Top Bottom