What's new

Who wants to try PannaCrema Nuavia Blu and Nuavia Rossa

Updated. Have you heard back from bach_rocks, [MENTION=83391]dgreene120[/MENTION] ?

1. dfoulk - complete
2. Corsair66 - complete (helping to moderate)
3. horvy - complete
4. Rory1262 - complete
5. tclobaugh - complete
6. calhoun1 - complete
7. mrlandpirate - complete
8. AndroiDad75 - complete
9. AbbyW2 - complete
10. SilentTuba - complete
11. mbkintner - complete
12. dangerousdon - complete
13. DaltonGang - complete
14. ashcampbell - complete
15. BJ Rose - complete
16. floyd923 - complete
17. dgreene120 - ready to ship out
18. bach_rocks (fully meets requirements - contact to see if wants to participate)
19. Jcan88 - I'm in
20. bigxnyc - I'm in
21. peterwinkle - I'm in
22. jamesearthdrum - I'm in
23. Tulsa77 - (response needed - no recent activity on forum will need dfoulk's approval before contacting)
24. domzals1 - I'm in
25. Rusty hammer (location? if you're interested)
26. jzuzphreek - I'm in
27. shubes - I'm in
28. thehollowaytape - (moved down from number 8 - not currently eligible at 8 spot - due to low post count. Will need dfoulk's approval before contacting
29. Gig103 - skipped from spot 15

If bach_rocks doesn't respond by tomorrow evening at 8PM EST then we can move him to the bottom of the list and the box will be sent to Jcan88.

I heard from [MENTION=80916]bach_rocks[/MENTION]. I'm fighting off a cold or flu or something, but will get the box out to him as soon as I can make it out to the post office.

After a second shave each, which went even better than the first, my coworker and I have decided we must have both scents. So we've just placed another order: I'll be adding the Rossa and he'll be adding the Blu. This is great stuff.

I used a wetter brush this time, by the way, and it worked fine, but I over-corrected a bit and could have calmed down with the water. Next time I think I'll have it dialed just right. Didn't hurt the shave at all; just meant I had to load a bit more (closer to Marco Method style).

By the way, for those interested, the best fragrance-world analogs I can think of for these two scents right now (and these would make great matches to wear) would be:

Blu: (quite) similar to Caron Third Man
Rossa: (somewhat) similar to Amouage Epic Man

Hope that helps!

After a second shave each, which went even better than the first, my coworker and I have decided we must have both scents. So we've just placed another order: I'll be adding the Rossa and he'll be adding the Blu. This is great stuff.

I used a wetter brush this time, by the way, and it worked fine, but I over-corrected a bit and could have calmed down with the water. Next time I think I'll have it dialed just right. Didn't hurt the shave at all; just meant I had to load a bit more (closer to Marco Method style).

By the way, for those interested, the best fragrance-world analogs I can think of for these two scents right now (and these would make great matches to wear) would be:

Blu: (quite) similar to Caron Third Man
Rossa: (somewhat) similar to Amouage Epic Man

Hope that helps!

Hehe you get the Amouage link too eh? :)

As for the water ratio, you don't want to drown the stuff, but a wetter brush helps a lot. Next time you should have it just right.

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
You need to make a matching set of aftershave splashes.

Aftershave splashes, in my experience, fall into two categories: those that smell really good for a long time, but aren't all that healing for your skin, or those that are incredibly nourishing for the skin, but the scent fades very quickly.

Examples of aftershaves in the first category would be PAA, fine, razorock splashes, etc. Those in the second category would be more like WM Neumann's.

I have yet to stumble across an aftershave that had a great smelling, long lasting scent, and was incredibly nourishing for the skin.

If you can duplicate the smell of nuavia in aftershave splash, it would be such a treat!

Is the passaround list still open? I would love to try these soaps.

As the guys said, this round is full but I hope to do this for another round or possibly even several more. Marco at PannaCrema has generously volunteered to send some soap to refill the containers for the next round so we're all set there. As long as there's interest I'm in for keeping this going.

Just follow the thread and toward the very end of the round I'll post another list of numbers (probably 1 through 25) for the next round. You'll put your name down for the spot you want and repost the list. When it's full it's full so don't wait because once the list goes up it'll fill up fast. You're not the first to ask to be added as there's been about a dozen people who have contacted me looking to get in for the next round.

As the guys said, this round is full but I hope to do this for another round or possibly even several more. Marco at PannaCrema has generously volunteered to send some soap to refill the containers for the next round so we're all set there. As long as there's interest I'm in for keeping this going.

Just follow the thread and toward the very end of the round I'll post another list of numbers (probably 1 through 25) for the next round. You'll put your name down for the spot you want and repost the list. When it's full it's full so don't wait because once the list goes up it'll fill up fast. You're not the first to ask to be added as there's been about a dozen people who have contacted me looking to get in for the next round.

Awesome! I will be checking on this thread, as I really want to try these soaps! Thanks again for the info!

I just had another two shaves in a row: Blu and then Rossa. Absolutely outstanding! This shaving soap is worth the price of admission! Top tier!

Today I shaved with the blue. I used a Saville Row super brush. I used a Fat Boy with a Nacent blade.

A little perspective: I am 46 years old. I have been wet shaving with a mug and brush since I was 14, since that's what my Dad did. Lately, I have been shaving with vintage soaps (Williams, Colgate cup soap). My favorite readily available soap has been Valobra almond soft soap.

I like a lot of cushion, though it seems I usually have to choose: Would I rather have cushion or slickness? I feel like I always end up trading one for the other. Not so with Nuavia. I am delighted to find a soap with both.

I'll try not to be too gushy here, but it is the best soap I have ever used in my 32 years of wet shaving.

After my shower and shave with Blu today, I was overcome by a sudden urge to spend money. Like on a suit, or shoes, or something extravagant. Hmm.

Thanks, Dave, for the opportunity to familiarize myself with this treasure.

Today I shaved with the blue. I used a Saville Row super brush. I used a Fat Boy with a Nacent blade.

A little perspective: I am 46 years old. I have been wet shaving with a mug and brush since I was 14, since that's what my Dad did. Lately, I have been shaving with vintage soaps (Williams, Colgate cup soap). My favorite readily available soap has been Valobra almond soft soap.

I like a lot of cushion, though it seems I usually have to choose: Would I rather have cushion or slickness? I feel like I always end up trading one for the other. Not so with Nuavia. I am delighted to find a soap with both.

I'll try not to be too gushy here, but it is the best soap I have ever used in my 32 years of wet shaving.

After my shower and shave with Blu today, I was overcome by a sudden urge to spend money. Like on a suit, or shoes, or something extravagant. Hmm.

Well said! It's great to hear that you enjoyed this soap so much.

I shaved with Blu again today. The thing I appreciated today was the way I was able to make great lather really quickly. I followed the instructions, using 20 swirls of the brush after soaking it while I was in the shower.

Voila! Instant, excellent lather, almost as quickly as you could spray it from a can. I was appreciative of this attribute as I was running late for church, where I play the piano. Plus, the lather was of such excellent quality and so effective that I didnt have to do multiple passes.

This is a strange thing to say about a soap, but it is a terrific time saver. And my face still felt great. Definitely a winner.

Thanks for your impressions! Glad to hear you are enjoying it :). This was one of the best discoveries for me in my time as a wet shaver.

Top Bottom