What's new

D.R. Harris cream

I have never tried a D.R. Harris cream and am thinking of adding one of the following to my rotation. Which of these is your favorite, and how would you describe the scent?

Marlborough
Windsor
Arlington

Of the three, I only own Windsor. The descriptions of the other two weren't appealing to me (though others surely like them!) so I didn't investigate them further. My nose -- which is not the most sensitive nor the most reliable -- gets pepper, citrus, and vetiver from the scent. It's definitely more of a cologne smell.

If you're of a mind to try before you buy, our fine friends at Maggards sell samples of DR Harris creams. I've bought plenty of samples through them in the past few years and have always been glad that I did, even if I didn't like the product I was sampling. I'm a huge fan of sampling!

Arlington is described as citrus and fern. Though I hear that fern is, in reality, odorless, the description seems fitting. It is a light cologne-style scent that would probably suit most men. AFAIK, it is their best selling fragrance, so that should say something.

Windsor is very similar to Arlington. So similar, in fact, that I had initially wondered if I had been sent two of the same samples. At the end of the day, there is a subtle difference. Windsor is a bit more complex, and has those notes of vetiver and black pepper that Random Shaver mentioned. I go back and forth, but ultimately, I would choose it over Arlington.

Marlborough is of an entirely different family of fragrances than Arlington and Windsor. The description says that it is a blend of cedar and sandalwood, and some people report that it smells like an ashtray or a smokey lounge. I did not smell any cedar at all, until I tried the aftershave, and realized that the cream smells very different from it. To my nose, the cream is a nice warm blend of sandalwood, and something kind of spicy that reminds me of a good bottle of craft root beer. If you are a sandalwood fan, then this cream should appeal to you.

You cannot go wrong with any of them. They are all fantastic. I would second Random Shaver's suggestion of trying samples, though. I went through samples of seven of DR Harris' creams, and all of them have performed very well.

All Harris creams are similarly great and made by Creightons.
my fav is Arlington.

$image.jpg

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
I have a tub and a tube of Arlington, and they both smell and perform wonderfully. DRH makes high quality creams.

I also have the soap, AS splash, and cologne. It's safe to say that I like Arlington. :w00t:

Which of your kids do you love more? Haha I'm teasing of course but both Arlington and Windsor are awesome, the former being more lemony and the latter being more complex with the vetiver and pepper.

Took the advice of an earlier poster and ordered samples of all three from Maggard. Will post my thoughts when I have tried them.

Took the advice of an earlier poster and ordered samples of all three from Maggard. Will post my thoughts when I have tried them.

I hope those help you decide. I'm a big fan of D.R. Harris creams but I only have three: Rose, Lavender, and Arlington. FWIW, the DRH soaps are the best of the four major British companies. The reason being they are still tallow based, the rest (read 3 Ts) reformulated and eliminated that.

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
I'm sure you'll find at least one that you like from those three, but there's no telling which!

I know this is a cream thread, but once you have sampled all the scents, if you still can't decide which one to buy, you can get one cream and one soap of a different scent. The soaps are very good too!

Top Bottom