What's new

Cooking Corn on the Grill

I don't mind a little color either. I think we can all agree corn cooked on the grill is always delicious. Other wise it wouldn't be worth picking it out of your teeth all night long. I just threw 6 ears on the Weber its starting to smell wonderful.

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
I've been doing it like Ackvil and next chance I get (later this month is the beginning of corn season where I am) I'm going to do one step less like Luvmysuper. My wife likes her corn with a rubbing of lime and a bit of salt. I like a bit of butter and salt.

I do pretty much what Phil does, except I pull back the husks, remove the silk, then fold the husks back into place before cooking.

Soak the cob, husks and all in cold water for about 30 minutes. Take them out and put them right on the grill, husks and all, with no tin foil.
Once they are done, signified by even browning all over the husks, take 'em off the grill, and let folks peel back their own husks. The silk comes off with the husk, the husk holds in the moisture and prevents burning, and the end of the stalk makes a nice handle.
If there is some time between "done" and "served", put them in an ice chest (without ice of course) to keep them hot and moist.

Interesting. Will give this a try next weekend. THANKS!

I've tried all the aforementioned methods. I don't care for dealing with the silk so now I use the "peel, clean, and wrap in foil method. I sprinkle with olive oil, salt & pepper and grill for about 10 minutes.

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
I pull off the husks and silk leaving the stalk on the bottom....it makes a great handle for turning and eating. Grill till it has just a little char. Slather on butter with my hands salt and pepper.

Last edited:
A buddy of mine back in the day in San Diego cooked corn for me.
Drunk the whole ears of corn, husk and all, in a sink full of cold water, thoroughly.
Put them in the freezer.
Later, when it's time to grill them, throw the whole ears on the grill.
When the husks are all charred, they're done.
The husk just falls off and the corn has a delicious smokey flavor.
Toppings, as you like, butter, s&p, Lime, parm, mayo, whatever.

Soak the cob, husks and all in cold water for about 30 minutes. Take them out and put them right on the grill, husks and all, with no tin foil.
Once they are done, signified by even browning all over the husks, take 'em off the grill, and let folks peel back their own husks. The silk comes off with the husk, the husk holds in the moisture and prevents burning, and the end of the stalk makes a nice handle.
If there is some time between "done" and "served", put them in an ice chest (without ice of course) to keep them hot and moist.

+3

+4
this is how I do it too, except when it's time to serve I cut it off at the bottom right at the base of the cob then grab it at the silk end and give it a little shake/squeeze and the cob falls out the bottom without any of the silk.

Top Bottom