What's new

Sevette Passarounds For Europe And The Americas

You may well be advised to try an unconverted 1912 first, as you admit you are having problems with DE razor. I did not venture into SE shaving,until proficient with my DE Razors.
I would be happy to loan you one with blades, if you send me a PM.
Mike B
thanks a lot, thats very kind mike. ive actually bought one from ebay and am 2 shaves wiser with it :) also bought a load of blades from connaught.
early thoughts are.......its nice, looks lovely, but......its just a little too big, especially under the nose, and across the contours of my neck. i must just have a curvy neck cos i struggle to go in the direction i want without both ends of the blade making contact but leaving a bit of a dip in the middle which i just cant get close enough for my liking.
sounds great tho, i love the scratchy sound it makes :)

not sure what the SEvette will bring to the table, thats why im keen to try it and see just how its been modded. i may sell the unconverted 1012 on, or try and mod it myself if i like it.

ive got a schick type E in the post from US at present, and on the lookout for a PAL adjustable, i feel that i may have better results with the smaller head. one things for sure, when i finally find what suits me, ill have plenty of razors to sell on! :-D

thanks again

thanks a lot, thats very kind mike. ive actually bought one from ebay and am 2 shaves wiser with it :) also bought a load of blades from connaught.
early thoughts are.......its nice, looks lovely, but......its just a little too big, especially under the nose, and across the contours of my neck. i must just have a curvy neck cos i struggle to go in the direction i want without both ends of the blade making contact but leaving a bit of a dip in the middle which i just cant get close enough for my liking.
sounds great tho, i love the scratchy sound it makes :)

not sure what the SEvette will bring to the table, thats why im keen to try it and see just how its been modded. i may sell the unconverted 1012 on, or try and mod it myself if i like it.

ive got a schick type E in the post from US at present, and on the lookout for a PAL adjustable, i feel that i may have better results with the smaller head. one things for sure, when i finally find what suits me, ill have plenty of razors to sell on! :-D

thanks again
Excellent News. Persevere with the Shaves, it gets better.I personally have not ventured into the injector field , but have tried most ER razors & A few Gems. The Gem range of MM`s have smaller heads, my favourite is the Open Comb one, said to be aggressive, but i think it is great.
Mike

Aha - getting a good shave with the 1912 on the top lip and jawline is quite achievable by using the corners of the head at an angle etc.
Getting there is half the fun :)

Oh, looking forward to hearing about it. The G-bar is such a mild creature to begin with, it's hard to imagine one transformed into something ferocious.

How exciting! I do not enjoy the shaves from G-Bar and Featherweight, but this could be the answer!

For an SE razor, the G-bar is indeed pretty mild. No one should imagine, however, that it is mild like a Tech or Flare Tip SS.
Anyway, I took a few swipes with a regular G-bar just to remind myself what it feels like, and then used the G-bar sevette for the final 80% of the shave.
Night and day, obviously.
The shave was a huge success. For me, closeness is good, but post-shave comfort is much more important. The sevette gets very high marks in both categories.
I won't be able to try this for a week or two, but I plan to compare the sevette to my OT devette to see which one I like better.

For anyone thinking about making their own sevette, I would recommend the G-bar. The modification is easy and fast (I used a sturdy pair of wire cutters and a file). And the end result is quite user-friendly.

For an SE razor, the G-bar is indeed pretty mild. No one should imagine, however, that it is mild like a Tech or Flare Tip SS.
Anyway, I took a few swipes with a regular G-bar just to remind myself what it feels like, and then used the G-bar sevette for the final 80% of the shave.
Night and day, obviously.
The shave was a huge success. For me, closeness is good, but post-shave comfort is much more important. The sevette gets very high marks in both categories.
I won't be able to try this for a week or two, but I plan to compare the sevette to my OT devette to see which one I like better.

For anyone thinking about making their own sevette, I would recommend the G-bar. The modification is easy and fast (I used a sturdy pair of wire cutters and a file). And the end result is quite user-friendly.
Hey Doc, great work! Can we see a photo of the G-Bar sevette?

And yes sevette vs devette is like godzilla vs mothra :)

Sun 2nd Aug
Tabac teamed up with ER 1912 SEvette , & SS Blade on 5th use - got a really super shave, need to refine technique around Chin, rest is going well. Won`t push the Blade any further.

Quite surprised that more SE shavers are not trying this out,really gives a great Shave.

$P1180001.jpg

im getting restless with my 1912. ive decided the shave isnt good enough as is, so rather than wait for the passaround, i may take a junior hacksaw to it tomorrow to make my own SEvette :-D

Mon 3rd Aug 2015
Kent Infinity
MWF - Face Lathered
ER 1912 - SEvette
Gem S/S [ 1 ]
Alum Rub/ Rinse Off
Floid Vigoroso

Decided to continue SEvette experience. Razor is so efficient, that Cheeks/ Jaw /Neck done very quickly, getting more confident on Chin area & Upper lip.Amazing have not needed to resort to Balm, after washing off Alum, face feels nice and tight with no irritation or discomfort.

$P1190002.jpg

Looks like I need to re-order Floid- which for me is good.

Dont butcher a good 1912. I just received the Sevette today. I will be shaving with it shortly. it's an angry looking little beast. It looks like it has fangs.

Tues 4th August 2015.
Vulfix 404
Vitos Red- face lather
ER !912 - SEvette
Gem S/S [ 2 ]
Alum Rub/ Rinse Off
La Toja A/S

After about a week on the SEvette i am getting to a stage, where I think I am "nearly there ". That is apart from the chin, but am getting
there.

Do I consider it wrong to mod the ER 1912 ? Not really if it is the British model , which I am not fond of, preferring the USA model which i think is a smoother Shaver. After all, mods are done all the time to functional items, to improve their performance - the removal of the guard certainly does , and raises the shaving experience to a different level .

Last edited:
Shave #1 complete. No issues, no blood, no weepers. It felt different than the Devette razor. The Sevette is very noisy, but delivers a BBS shave. Would I do this to a perfectly good 1912? No. Is it fun to try these razors out?? Yes. Just to see if you can do it.
I will say, it's easier to use than a straight razor.

Wed 5th August 2015.
Another SEvette shave today, used a Lea Cream as opposed to a Soap.This is the first time I got it right on the Chin. Decided also to forgo
the use of After Shave, and used the pleasant smelling Woods Of Windsor Balm. Face feels quite re vitalised.

$P1020001.jpg

Shave #1 complete. No issues, no blood, no weepers. It felt different than the Devette razor. The Sevette is very noisy, but delivers a BBS shave. Would I do this to a perfectly good 1912? No. Is it fun to try these razors out?? Yes. Just to see if you can do it.
I will say, it's easier to use than a straight razor.
I'm very interested in comparisons between the devette and the sevette - I think the sevette has the advantage of a more rigid blade.

And thanks to Mike I now have a Sevette Junior - superb!
proxy.php

The sevette really seems to like the stainless blades (which have been problematic for me in the past) and, although it feels harsher during the shave than the traditional SEs the closeness and comfort of the end result is, I believe, unbeatable.
This really could be the greatest shave on earth!

And didn't Bob Dylan foresee all this when he wrote "Your hearts must have the courage for the changing of the guard" :)

Thurs 6th August 2015
Omega 11126
MWF
ER 1912 SEvette
Gem S/S [ 4 ]
Myrsol Antesol A/S

Finally feel I have mastered the SEvette , despite having no Straight/Shavette experience ,by persevering I have managed to get a BBS. Even in the areas I had initially found difficult [ Chin & upper Lip]. What is more,after washing off soap , face was really comfortable and just used after shave for the sake of it. Dispensed this time with usualAlum rub.

Cheers Marcus, for introducing me to the SEvette, a great Razor.

Mike

$P1030001.jpg

From what I remember, the Devette was a little smoother shaving, and agile. The Devette tends to glide across the face. The Sevette wants to dig in and plow. It could be the weight of the Sevette, and the stiff blade.

I get the sense you're back in the country, Wazza. Do you want to PM me your address so we can get the UK side moving along as well?

From what I remember, the Devette was a little smoother shaving, and agile. The Devette tends to glide across the face. The Sevette wants to dig in and plow. It could be the weight of the Sevette, and the stiff blade.

I did a side-by-side comparison shave today pitting a G-bar sevette against an OT devette. The jury is still out. Both delivered flawless shaves, but the sevette seemed a bit more forgiving, especially on the XTG pass (not so much ATG). More investigation is needed ...

I did a side-by-side comparison shave today pitting a G-bar sevette against an OT devette. The jury is still out. Both delivered flawless shaves, but the sevette seemed a bit more forgiving, especially on the XTG pass (not so much ATG). More investigation is needed ...
Yes - I think the stiffer thicker blade in the sevette makes all the difference.

Rob G just got back from his vacation, and notified me that he is ready for the Sevette. It will be mailed out in the next day or two.
Thanks for the fun, with this razor.

Top Bottom