What's new

Found a Mohawk today.

Out and about with my SO she spied a brush for $3, so I snatch it up. Anybody know much about Mohawk brushes? I have found they were made in Canada and were bought up by Fuller Brush, but that's all I can find.

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 207
Don't know much about them. I have a 3-338 I picked up somewhere, needed a reknot. Stuck a TGN boar in it, now it is one of my favorite brushes.

I would've grabbed it as well. No clue on the Mohawk brand but the handle is in fantastic shape. Easy to reknot that one if you wanted too.

I had snagged this on the Mohawks but I don't recall where I got it:

"Mohawk - According to Fuller's memoir, Fuller Brush distributed the Bristlecomb, a hairbrush introduced by the Mohawk Company in 1928. In 1942, Fuller Brush bought out the Mohawk Brush Company and subsequently all the hairbrushes and industrial floor brushes were manufactured at the Mohawk Plant in Albany, New York."

I have a Mohawk B-342. I have no idea how old it is, other than that I've had it for at least 36 years; I can't remember where the person who gave it to me (along with an Aramis shaving mug) got it. It's labeled "Pure Badger. Made in Canada. Sterilized." Looks to have a 23-24mm knot. Very nice brush.

I found this set about a year ago at a flea market. I looked for information when I first got it but didn't find much.

$2017-01-03 20.16.18.jpg

Top Bottom