What's new

Got my Toggle back from HIBCO and it is fine.

Wonderful replating job on this razor. Excellent service. No loss of detail, he does reverse electroplating instead of buffing to remove the old plating, and the thing looks great!

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 389
  • $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 387
  • $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 386
  • $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 389
Seems like a good company. I hope that for rhodium and gold, they first plate in nickel. It doesn't say this on the site, but I'm told its needed for the other metals to plate properly...
I'll send them a message with some questions lol

Seems like a good company. I hope that for rhodium and gold, they first plate in nickel. It doesn't say this on the site, but I'm told its needed for the other metals to plate properly...
I'll send them a message with some questions lol
I didn't ask him that, my main concern was to leave as much detail as possible. The razor I had him do was in good condition, just plate loss on the doors and the guard, and lacquer loss. He told me that no sanding, grinding etc. would happen without prior approval. The razor would have the old plating removed, be polished, plated then a final polish. So aside from the wear marks on the toggle and the lack of paint on the washers it looks like a new razor. He did say the plate shop would be closed 6/26 until after the holiday, probably on vacation,so he may not answer his messages for a couple days. He has a bunch of razors on ebay if you want to look at his other work. I'm happy with the results and will use him again.

I've bought a few re-plated razors from HIBCO off Ebay. Fair prices (considering your getting the razor + re-plating) and well done re-plating. Most are Buy Now or Make An Offer. I've never paid Buy Now price.

On eBay, what's his seller name?
I don't use eBay so it should be interesting even finding him... I'll search the seller name I guess?

On eBay, what's his seller name?
I don't use eBay so it should be interesting even finding him... I'll search the seller name I guess?
He's got a link to his ebay store from his website if you go to razors and stuff. His seller name is hibcoshaveshoppe.

Top Bottom