What's new

Superlather wow!!!

Have been wetshaving for 2-3 years but not really tried a superlather until recently and was sceptical about it performing any differently than a soap or a cream. Out of pure curiosity I super lathered Tabac soap and cream and wow this has to be the easiest lather ever, thick but well hydrated yoghurty lather perfection,i am now a believer in the superlather

Add a few drops of liquid glycerin (something you can get in drug stores, pharmacies, and even Wal-Mart) and it becomes Uberlather: the best of all.

I add 5 +/- drops of liquid glycerin to shaving soaps - it seems to make a positive difference in the quality of the lather with most soaps (but not all soaps).

I usually make a superlather, and it works extremely well for me. I don't add glycerine because most of the soaps I use already have glycerine in them.

Have been wetshaving for 2-3 years but not really tried a superlather until recently and was sceptical about it performing any differently than a soap or a cream. Out of pure curiosity I super lathered Tabac soap and cream and wow this has to be the easiest lather ever, thick but well hydrated yoghurty lather perfection,i am now a believer in the superlather

I never understand why a lather would need to be thick. A thicker lather does not offer better glide, in my opinion, and your stubble is (probably) only a millimeter long. So a few millimeters of well hydrated lather should be enough, I would think. Tabac soap does that for me.

I never understand why a lather would need to be thick. A thicker lather does not offer better glide, in my opinion, and your stubble is (probably) only a millimeter long. So a few millimeters of well hydrated lather should be enough, I would think. Tabac soap does that for me.

For me a good lather should provide glide and protection, a thicker (denser) lather provides better protection than a thinner lather but too thick and you sacrifice glide

Superlather is a combination of two or more lathering products (e.g., mixing a soap and a cream). Uberlather is superlather with a few drops of Glycerine added.

Congrats.

This may be sacrilege to many of you, but I have tried many different soaps and creams, brushes, hot lathers.etc... Get my best shaves with good old Barbasol out of a can. I have used Gillette DE razors since I started shaving in the 1960s.

This may be sacrilege to many of you, but I have tried many different soaps and creams, brushes, hot lathers.etc... Get my best shaves with good old Barbasol out of a can. I have used Gillette DE razors since I started shaving in the 1960s.

Your no alone on that one, I've seen it around here a few times that others like barbasol also.

I personally lover uberlathering...well that was when i actually shaved (been growing a beard for 4 months now)

I have not yet tried anything other than a standard lather with whatever soap/cream I may be using but I do see the benefits of a little glycerin and I am interested in trying that for slicker lathers.

Have now also super lathered with tobs Jermyn st soap and cream and cade soap and cream, the tobs went very well, the cade not so well though the ss and sc are good used by themselves

Top Bottom