What's new

Skin Bracer

I'm surprised by the comments that say the scent is shortlived. I dabbed a tiny bit on my wrist when at the grocery store a few days ago, and I could smell it for hours. I wonder if people's noses get used to it when it's on their face.

I'm surprised by the comments that say the scent is shortlived. I dabbed a tiny bit on my wrist when at the grocery store a few days ago, and I could smell it for hours. I wonder if people's noses get used to it when it's on their face.

I noticed that too. I could smell it all day.

that was my first after shave and I started shaving in the late seventy's an I still love the stuff.

Andy

For those that mention the vanilla scent, I agree. It's honestly one reason why I don't use it more than I do. I was never much of a vanilla scent fan.

I asked one of my fiancée's daughters if they smelled the vanilla, but I was met with quizzical looks and the word no. Weird, isn't it?

Skin Bracer is one of my favs and I use it quite often. Recently added some menthol crystals to a few ounces of SB. The additional menthol really cranked up the freeze without altering the smell. Nice.

Love skin bracer, has been in my daily rotation for a while. Funny enough, yesterday morning I used it and my five year old daughter said I smelled like doughnuts. Must be the vanilla...now that she said it, that is exactly what I think of when I put it on.

Love skin bracer, has been in my daily rotation for a while. Funny enough, yesterday morning I used it and my five year old daughter said I smelled like doughnuts. Must be the vanilla...now that she said it, that is exactly what I think of when I put it on.

Hope it smelled like a Boston Cream :thumbup1:

Really all I smell is a strong vanilla scent. Love the tingle that kicks in after a minute or so. Probably taking this one to work with me to cool down on hot days.

Sensory adaptation? My wife smell's Pinaud Clubman long after I can't smell it anymore. The plus side to that: "She likes it! She likes it!"

Sensory adaptation? My wife smell's Pinaud Clubman long after I can't smell it anymore. The plus side to that: "She likes it! She likes it!"

I can smell Clubman for hours after applying. Skin Bracer seems to wear off on me after 30 minutes or so.

If it's scent adaptation, why can I smell Clubman for hours and not SB?

I can smell Clubman for hours after applying. Skin Bracer seems to wear off on me after 30 minutes or so. If it's scent adaptation, why can I smell Clubman for hours and not SB?

Good question but the true test is to have someone else smell you. Another one is to rub your face and try to smell it on your palm.

I can smell Clubman for hours after applying. Skin Bracer seems to wear off on me after 30 minutes or so.

If it's scent adaptation, why can I smell Clubman for hours and not SB?

I agree. There are some aftershaves that definitely have more staying power. My suggestion of sensory adaptation was my explanation for why others can smell scents on you sometimes long after you don't. In the case of Clubman, I can smell it on myself a lot longer than some other aftershaves, but after some hours I don't notice the scent and somebody else will comment on the scent. Hopefully the comment from the person noticing the scent is a good one. :thumbup1:

Top Bottom