What's new

Need recommendations on a good insole for my casual dress shoes

I'm about to take a trip to Europe where I will be doing a lot more walking than in used to doing. I'll be in some casual dress shoes most of the time. They are very comfortable but I'm thinking I need a little extra if I'm to be putting a mile plus a day on them.

Any recommendations?

Thanks

For everyday use, if you want some extra shock absorption and cushioning, I really like the Spenco green insoles. They are just a flat rubbery foam, but they work really well. I don't have much fat on the bottoms of my feet and really need them.

You could also look into the Superfeet. I just bought a pair of the blues to put in my hiking boots in preparation for backpacking later this summer. They're comfortable and seem to cut down some on my tendency to overpronate. I don't have too many miles on them yet though - maybe three hikes, with the longest 7 miles, and some walking around the neighborhood.

But the Superfeet might be overkill. The Spenco greens should really help with pounding the concrete. I like them better than any gel I've tried.

For everyday use, if you want some extra shock absorption and cushioning, I really like the Spenco green insoles. They are just a flat rubbery foam, but they work really well. I don't have much fat on the bottoms of my feet and really need them.

You could also look into the Superfeet. I just bought a pair of the blues to put in my hiking boots in preparation for backpacking later this summer. They're comfortable and seem to cut down some on my tendency to overpronate. I don't have too many miles on them yet though - maybe three hikes, with the longest 7 miles, and some walking around the neighborhood.

But the Superfeet might be overkill. The Spenco greens should really help with pounding the concrete. I like them better than any gel I've tried.

Thanks- pounding the concrete is what I'll be doing so that sounds like a great recommendation. I'll go look into them

The blue superfeet are very nice. I would suggest you try a pair of them and a pair of the Spencos and see which you like best before you go on vacation.

I dont have any specific recommendations, but make sure that you try them in your shoes before you buy them if possible. they're going to change the fit of your shoe in one way or another.

I dont have any specific recommendations, but make sure that you try them in your shoes before you buy them if possible. they're going to change the fit of your shoe in one way or another.

Good point. I missed that.

A mile? How far do you normally walk in a day? If you can't get more than a mile in casual dress shoes then you need new shoes.

A mile? How far do you normally walk in a day? If you can't get more than a mile in casual dress shoes then you need new shoes.

I'm a cube jockey that drives most everywhere so I don't walk a lot in my dress shoes (no need to really). I do take 15-20 min walks daily in them and they work fine for that. And a mile might be underestimating as I'll be doing some sightseeing, etc. it wouldn't surprise me if I put in a 5-10 mile day at some point.

My shoes MAY be just fine, but if I can add an insole and help, why not?

Top Bottom