What's new

MUG and/or BRUSH Acquisitions

That's awesome! I pick up bowls and mugs and such from yard sales and flea markets with soap in mind now...
Even some fragile antique glass is fun to use in rotation...

~
Love the Nuetrogena post shave lotion myself....You are the 1st person I have run across besides myself.

Went to a couple Antique Stores today and found a few more.
the clear glass mug is has a pat. date May 14 1907. For AMOLE soap Co. It has an inner raised ring to hold a puck. ( Williams is in for pic purposes ) I have never seen this mug before.
The Blue scuttle says " Ironstone Staffordshire England " on the bottom.
The yellow brush is a Made Rite 500 PB in near mint condition.
Then there is the Avon Gentlemen's Regiment unused in the original plastic and box.
The white one is a Simms set in rubber. I think I'll clean it up and put in a new knot.

$HPIM2200.jpg$HPIM2201.jpg$HPIM2204.jpg$HPIM2202.jpg$HPIM2203.jpg

Note for Mod's : I feel that I started this thread in the wrong sub-forum. Could it be moved to the Shave Brush Sub- forum?

I love the brush in the last picture. And what does the glass mug say on the outside? The orange brush is also nice

I love the brush in the last picture. And what does the glass mug say on the outside? The orange brush is also nice

On the bottom of the mug it has AMOLE SOAP CO TIPPECANOE CITY OHIO
Around the base it has PAT. MAY141907
on one side it has LICENCED FOR USE ONLY WITH AMOLE SHAVING SOAP
On the other side it has the Amole cup logo

The cloudiness of the glass appears to be caused by wear from the brush handle.

Here is my latest mug/brush acquisition, a new GP shave bowl. This was on my wish list for this year, and swmbo gave it to me as a Christmas gift! The slim in the photo was also acquired about the same time. And I picked up a nice early Old Spice mug, it is the one on the right.
$DSCF5929.jpg$DSCF5931.jpg

Went to a couple Antique Stores today and found a few more.
the clear glass mug is has a pat. date May 14 1907. For AMOLE soap Co. It has an inner raised ring to hold a puck. ( Williams is in for pic purposes ) I have never seen this mug before.
The Blue scuttle says " Ironstone Staffordshire England " on the bottom.
The yellow brush is a Made Rite 500 PB in near mint condition.

Excellent scores. I wonder how that mug has survived since the early 1900s. Pretty cool. Nice scuttle, too.

I just received my GP G12 scuttle and used it for the first time.
No pictures yet, but what I well thought out shaving tool.

I got lucky today and was able to pull into an antique store that I go past regularly. Usually I never have the time when they are open.
The brush on the left has " Sterilized in Standard" on it and the other is an Ever-READY 200T. There aren't any markings on the mug but it looks like a Seaforth mug.
$IMG_20160117_174026781.jpg$IMG_20160117_174223312 (2).jpg

Sorry about the picture quality. Taken with the phone in the truck.

I got a nice spice rack and re-purposed it to keep all the brushes. Them late night E-bay and ended up with a Fuller Brush Co. shave mug/bowl/scuttle. Not quite sure what description fits it best.

$IMG_20160201_170918322 (2).jpg$IMG_20160201_171017545.jpg

Top Bottom