What's new

Nice Doggie! New Wolfman in the house!

Thanks, all, for your input on the WRH2 versus Bulldog. If I order a WRH2, I'll request a short version (my sweet spot is 80 mm).

I think the WRH7 handle is gorgeous, a real work of art, and it looks very ergonomic. However, 90 mm is too long for me. If James were able to squeeze it down to about 85 mm, the WRH7 would be my choice.

I just ordered an 80mm #2 , so I know he can do that. I would think he could do the same with the #7 as well. It won't hurt to ask anyway. He is very accommodating.

12/06/15 - I've been following this thread ever since it started and can finally comment about the Wolfman.... Mine arrived!!!

I only got the head because I really enjoy my ATT Atlas and Kronos handles and figured they would work with the WR1. I can always go back and get a handle from him.

For me, it's like a modernized Gillette New SC, which is my favorite old Gillette. But it's 10x better.

First couple of shaves using Pol-Silvers and I am very impressed. Overall perfect. I went with the standard blade gap and brushed finish, it's spot on for me. I couldn't be happier.

Very easy to find the angle. After 3 passes I had a No Irritation, BBS shave. Such a joy to use.

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1449351462.538907.jpg
$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1449351490.605497.jpg

My Wolfman Ti stand arrived the other day. Here it is assembled with the Wolfman Ti head and UFO TiTan L handle.

$Wolf_Ti_2.jpg

$Wolf_Ti_3.1.jpg

I am excited to hear that my razors have been shipped. Here are a couple of pictures. The single star base plate is with 0.74mm gap and the one with two stars is 0.86mm gap. :thumbup:

proxy.php

proxy.php

That's gorgeous.

I love that he uses the twin tab/slot blade holder, like Feather, iKon, and Gillette NEWs. I'm totally sold on that at this point, easily the best method I have tried.

Very nice, Roopesh. I'm looking forward to seeing your review of the .86 mm version.

Thanks Chuck. Unfortunately it will be some time before these razors get into my hand. Currently shipped to a friend and I have to make arrangements to receive them. I cannot wait myself. :001_cool:

I am excited to hear that my razors have been shipped. Here are a couple of pictures. The single star base plate is with 0.74mm gap and the one with two stars is 0.86mm gap. :thumbup:

proxy.php

proxy.php

I like your taste in handles :thumbup: Also curious to hear your thoughts on the .86 blade gap, I love the .74 but I also loved the standard gap until I tried the .74.

I like your taste in handles :thumbup: Also curious to hear your thoughts on the .86 blade gap, I love the .74 but I also loved the standard gap until I tried the .74.

Thank You. I fell in love with your handles in this design - so that made my decision easier. I went with 75mm and 85mm lengths with deeper knurling as I just love the knurling on my Weber Bulldog.

I will not be seeing these razors in person for some time :sad:, so cannot provide feedback. Sorry! Will ask my shaving enthusiast friend if he can try them and provide his feedback. The damper though is that he normally prefers milder razors than I do.

Same here, anxious to hear your feedback at .86mm blade gap....
Thank You.

Last edited:
Thank You. I fell in love with your handles in this design - so that made it easy. I went with 75mm and 85mm lengths with deeper knurling. (I just love the knurling on my Weber Bulldog.)

I will not be seeing these razors in person for some time :sad:, so cannot provide feedback. Will ask my shaving enthusiast friend if he can try them and let me know.

Those are good lengths. I almost went with 75mm myself but at the last minute decided I liked the 72mm length of the SS WRH2 I had at the time. Probably not a huge difference between 3mm, but I have fairly tiny hands so the 72 doesn't feel cramped at all. I've actually been using the aluminum one about 90% of the time and just grab the titanium every once in a while when I'm feeling extra frisky.

Lovely razors!! My only 'mistake' was to only order one from James. Thinking about getting on the list again once it opens up.

I'm thinking of Ti for the reduced weight over SS. Remind me is your aluminum both head and handle?

Handle only, I have the SS head. I like the feeling of it being top-heavy, it really allows me to just let the weight of the head do the cutting since it is balanced in favor of the head. With a heavy SS handle, particularly in the short 72mm stubby design, most of the weight was in the handle and I felt like I was constantly trying to counter-balance the head to keep the touch light. The lighter handle has probably helped me improve my DE technique more than anything else.

Handle only, I have the SS head. I like the feeling of it being top-heavy, it really allows me to just let the weight of the head do the cutting since it is balanced in favor of the head. With a heavy SS handle, particularly in the short 72mm stubby design, most of the weight was in the handle and I felt like I was constantly trying to counter-balance the head to keep the touch light. The lighter handle has probably helped me improve my DE technique more than anything else.

Thanks. I used a lighter EJ DE89 handle with ATT S2 and liked the weight/feel better than with a heavier SS handle. How does the SS match the aluminum in terms of color and finish?

Top Bottom