What's new

How do you face lather creams?

If it's in a tub, I will squeeze the water from the brush, do one swirl along the tips, then run my brush once under a stream of hot tap water and go.

If it's in a tube, I'll squeeze a generous amount (I like more than a snurdle, thats just me) onto a damp brush and go.

YMMV

A snurdle is roughly 4 pea-sized dollops.:laugh:

A snurdle, is a smidge more than a scoshe.

Or 1 1/2 almond sized dollops...

Similar to how I face-lather soaps. I squeeze out 1.5 to 2 cm and finger-paint it into the face until it forms a uniform film. Then lather with a wet brush. Persist for about a minute, re-wetting brush if needed. Shave. Rinse. Repeat with whatever remains on the brush for additional passes.

I used to scoop the cream and put it on the brush. But I find, now that I face lather, spreading it across my face is better but does use more cream.

Interesting thread. After having returned to razor and blade shaving a couple of years ago, after too long of mucking through other methods which I will NEVER return to... I had been messing with various lathering methods including a range of brushes, bowls, etc... to by far the best for me has been to dip a finger into say, a TOB Avocado, and lather up between the palms of my hands, adding water as needed. Then transfer the results with my left hand to my face and work it in, continue lathering, transferring, and when ready, I will scrape my right hand into my left hand to hold the bulk of the lather in my left hand while I hold the razor in my right.

Finally, a method that works for me. I have now relegated other methods like using brushes and a bowl to the back seat. Building up in your hands and then moving the lather to the left hand while shaving with the right has become a super smooth method and experience for me..

Top Bottom