What's new

WTB 2011 R41 head

So I kind of went into this blindly. I now realize these heads are pretty rare. I have no idea what a fair price is for one and if that would be more than I wanted to spend. If anybody could shed light on that for me I would appreciate it.

The same as a 2013 head. Why would I pay silly prices for a piece of used zamak, especially when I can simply buy a 3D printed Spitfire cap?

This is just my opinion anyway.

That was pretty much what I thought when I posted this, but apparently some think it's worth more due to rarity and such. Just like folks on eBay selling plisson brushes for $70. So that said I would still want one at a reasonable prices if anyone wants to get rid of one.

That was pretty much what I thought when I posted this, but apparently some think it's worth more due to rarity and such. Just like folks on eBay selling plisson brushes for $70. So that said I would still want one at a reasonable prices if anyone wants to get rid of one.

Well, it is worth more "due to the rarity and such." Supply and demand. I don't think that you would have to pay an unreasonable price for one, but I do think that it's unreasonable to expect that it would be the cost of a 2013 head (which are readily available), as Edgar has suggested.

BTW, I had 3 of them, and sold 1, a few months ago, for what I considered to be a reasonable price, to a member here. I plan to keep the other 2.

The Aimsport top-caps are a great idea, if you have a 2013 R41 head.

Well, it is worth more "due to the rarity and such." Supply and demand. I don't think that you would have to pay an unreasonable price for one, but I do think that it's unreasonable to expect that it would be the cost of a 2013 head (which are readily available), as Edgar has suggested.

BTW, I had 3 of them, and sold 1, a few months ago, for what I considered to be a reasonable price, to a member here. I plan to keep the other 2.

The Aimsport top-caps are a great idea, if you have a 2013 R41 head.

You're probably right, and I'm wrong, Peter.

I just didn't think the Gentlemanly Deals Forum was about supply and demand. I thought that was eBay and other such sites.

You're probably right, and I'm wrong, Peter.

I just didn't think the Gentlemanly Deals Forum was about supply and demand. I thought that was eBay and other such sites.

I agree with the concept of the GDF, but it seems that some here only think that what's "fair" is a great deal for the buyer (which is consequently a poor deal for the seller). I think that "fair" is somewhere in the middle (good for both parties).

I could have sold my 2011 R41 head for more on eBay but chose to sell here instead, to a B&B member. Would I have sold it here for $20 (the cost of a 2013 R41 head)? No. If I want to give something away, I PIF it (which I've done several times and plan to continue to do). If I choose to sell it, I expect to get a somewhat reasonable price for it (not eBay prices, but reasonable). My 2 cents...

AFAIK, prices weren't higher in 2011/2012, so I don't understand how would you be giving it away, selling for the same price you paid.

Especially since we're talking about used Zamak razors. I'd say it's actually a pretty good deal using a razor for 2 or 3 years and sell for the same price you paid.

Fortunately, buyers have better options nowadays, as Joe posted above.

But ... as I said, this is just my opinion. FWIW, YMMV, etc ...

Last edited:
I didn't mean to start an argument here. I wasn't looking to steal one and would pay what it cost new. I don't believe that would be unfair. In 2011/2012 the whole razor was probably $40. Not looking to pay upwards of that for a 4 year old Zamak head.

OP, I think your best bet is to buy a 2013 head and the top plate linked above, and you'd have essentially two different shaving heads for the price you're looking to spend.

The 2011 heads are harder to find for a decent price because of the perceived value for being rare. The problem is they're made of Zamak. We're not talking about razors made with more quality materials like brass, SS, etc.

I already have a 2013 head. I may just try the spitfire cap. I'm just not a big fan of paying $20 for a plastic cap when the whole head was $23 shipped.

I already have a 2013 head. I may just try the spitfire cap. I'm just not a big fan of paying $20 for a plastic cap when the whole head was $23 shipped.

I hear you there, but it will cost you far less than a 2011 head would, and plastic doesn't rot.

AFAIK, prices weren't higher in 2011/2012, so I don't understand how would you be giving it away, selling for the same price you paid.

Well, I didn't buy any of my 3 2011 R41s, in 2011. :001_smile So, I did pay more for them (not ridiculously expensive, mind you, but certainly more than what a new 2013 head costs). I believe that I sold the one for the same price that I paid for it (a couple of years before, and it was in no worse condition than I'd received it). So, I didn't profit on the transaction (which I could have, had I sold it on the Bay).

But I do stand by my statement that I think a good transaction (even on the GDF) benefits both parties, not just the buyer.

We're not arguing.

I respect Peter, I think he knows that. We have different opinions that's all.

...and I certainly respect Edgar, as well. He's a valuable contributor to B&B, and I always enjoy his posts.

Last edited:
Top Bottom