What's new

Looking for a woodsy scented cream

hello all,

I'm new to wet shaving and I love it! I am looking for a real woodsy/whiskey scented cream.... ya know something manly scented! Please recommend/point me in the correct direction.

I have some of the Castle Forbes C/S but I haven't tried it, or taken a whiff, yet. I don't know of a cream that smells like whiskey but Shaving Yeti makes a soap called Dr. Yeti's Magic Elixer and that has bourbon in it. I have lathered that and like it; inexpensive too. The trick is finding it in stock!

St James of London Cedarwood & clarysage is one of my favorite woody scents. The Cedarwood is very prominent and its manly and sticks around. It's also really slick and luxurious. My second fav. I would recommend their sandalwood but it is more like a cologne and has a sweeter scent.

Some great woodsy cedar creams are available...
DR Harris Windsor, Acca Kappa cedar, as mentioned St James cedar clary sage.

Some great woodsy cedar creams are available...
DR Harris Windsor, Acca Kappa cedar, as mentioned St James cedar clary sage.

I'm gradually working my way through all the D.R. Harris scents. I should probably hit Maggard's or Garry's and get samples of all of those.

I'm gradually working my way through all the D.R. Harris scents. I should probably hit Maggard's or Garry's and get samples of all of those.

I've now tried six of them, and they are all fantastic. Highly recommended!

Though Windsor is not a woodsy scent at all. It is citrusy. The woody scents would be Marlborough and Sandalwood.

Driftwood from here made me a very nice Neroli Musk that kind of reminds me of how the trails in the woods smell sort of. Very nice soap as well, like a pleasant smelling Proraso. I'm sure he'd be willing to batch up some more?

I also like the Musgo Real Oak Moss. I got my sample from Maggard's and really liked it so I went back and got the cologne too.

Ogallala Bay Rum, Sage & Cedar (shaving stick, not a cream I suppose)

Forum users here have their differences on sandalwoods, at times, though I personally prefer TOBS & Picadilly when it comes to them. I wouldn't consider sandalwood to be "woodsy" though.

Last edited:
Top Bottom