What's new

So this is a thing that happened

This is what happens when you leave your first and most favorite pen in a shirt that gets washed and dried. The pen is fine, thank goodness. But, the nib, a medium italic, is toast!
Sigh... looks lie im in the hunt for a new Esterbrook nib.
proxy.php

Billski

Here I am, 1st again.
Too bad!

Or you could try to bend it.

I am brand new to fountain pens, and I am very careful with mine.

bummer Jessie, at least it's a nib that is able to still be found. I was heart broken last year when my FA nib took a hit.. When Masuyama fixed it for me I was so relieved.

Too bad!

Or you could try to bend it.

I am brand new to fountain pens, and I am very careful with mine.
Something like that is best left to the pros. The nib should be simple enough to replace. These can be had for <$20 ish. Of course, the pen only cost me $3 at an antique store. :)
Sheesh. That's awful. No ink on your clothes?
Hah! Fortunately, my wife expressed trepidation when i went out in the shirt that held the pen. So, ot took one for the team so to speak. Im a lucky guy.
You have simply created a new NIB design.

The Gonzo Nib

View attachment 573064
Next up, The Amazing Estie!!!

I had something similar happen, Jessy. I was filling my Lamy 2000 and the doorbell rang. Like an idiot, I put the pen down without paying attention. It rolled off of my desk and fell nib down onto the tile floor.

Attachments

• $IMG_0140.jpg
    $IMG_0140.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 98

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
There's a lady I've heard about in Seattle who is just getting into nib repair, and while quite young is doing great work. She doesn't have a "web presence" at this time, but you can call her and mail the pen, or if you are in the area just drop by ... IIRC she works out of a small office in a light-industrial park somewhere (I don't know Seattle very well ... she is "part time" at fixing nibs, mostly spends her time at her "main job" ... I think it's for her father or uncle or something like that.) Her name's Alice MacKenzie, and you can call her at 1-206-838-7388.

So yeah ... if you have problems with your nib ... go see Alice.

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Nibs for Esterbrooks are still cheap enough that professional repairs are usually cost prohibitive. Yours looks like a 2XXX series and unless it's a Relief Stub they can be pretty easily found as well.

Top Bottom