What's new

Need a recommendation for a new shaving brush

Hi All

I am after a recommendation for a new shaving brush. I am preferably after Pure badger but would consider other types as well. I am after a large shaving brush (wide at the tips as opposed to narrow, not sure of the terminology) as my current brush is too small and doesnt hold enough lather, I have a budget of around £70, I have seen a tobs large brush within this budget but my current brush is tobs and sheds quite a lot so I am thinking maybe another brand. Any suggestions ? Thanks

You will get a lot of advice and opinions here!

Just a quick note: the grades of badger are somewhat subjective, but it's commonly understood that "pure badger" is a lower grade hair. Both of my badger are "best badger" and I am very pleased with them. My previous brush (long since retired) was a pure badger, and the quality difference is very noticeable. I would opt for the best badger as a starting point. My US$0.02...

Last edited:
I saw the Kent BK 8 advertised for around that price at a site called Lookfantastic.com. This is a wonderful, soft, luxurious large sivertip badger brush great for bowl lathering.

Top Bottom