What's new

whats your go to dive bar drink?

Man ... I maybe understood just five words in that sentence? :tongue_sm

You mean a trendy place, I guess?

Tough to explain. Trendy, no. A dive is pretty much the polar opposite of a trendy club.

The way I would describe an American dive bar is a humble, working class, somewhat disreputable establishment where locals go to drink cheap booze and occasionally throw bar stools at one another.

The Wikipedia definition isn't far off either.

Tough to explain. Trendy, no. A dive is pretty much the polar opposite of a trendy club.

The way I would describe an American dive bar is a humble, working class, somewhat disreputable establishment where locals go to drink cheap booze and occasionally throw bar stools at one another.

The Wikipedia definition isn't far off either.

Ahh ... flat roof pubs, like they call them in the UK?

It's different in the UK, men don't usually drink anything with more than two ingredients, and I know a few pubs where ice counts as an ingredient.

In a rough pub I usually go for Newcastle Brown, all they need to do is keep it cold and take the top off the bottle.

Due to gout, it is almost always Miller Lite or PBR. I love bitters but they are treacherous vixens.

A bottle of Bud and a shot of Jack. Jack is not my favorite bourbon but every bar in America has it and the alcohol kills anything living on the glass. Sometimes if the bartender isn't too busy I'll get a boilermaker.

I drink Johnnie Walker Black on the rocks, and that's all I drink.

If a bar doesn't have that, I order a Coke.

Top Bottom