What's new

washpoolfarm wet shave shaving soap

here is a video (from the manufacturer) presenting the soap. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDGhCA9gLkc

Nice People, and sincere :)

More shaves done, and for reference of how 'forgiving' i found the preparation: This morning i had a very old blade, (a Super + Platinum). Despite the cold weather, wind and low humidity my skin was surprisingly (considering the blade, weather) well nourished/moisturized, even compared to other (familiar) soaps/creams. Low scent (& masculine in a traditional sense) and highly recommended. Remarkable, in an understated, accomplished way. "two thumbs up"

here is a video (from the manufacturer) presenting the soap. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDGhCA9gLkc

Nice People, and sincere :)

More shaves done, and for reference of how 'forgiving' i found the preparation: This morning i had a very old blade, (a Super + Platinum). Despite the cold weather, wind and low humidity my skin was surprisingly (considering the blade, weather) well nourished/moisturized, even compared to other (familiar) soaps/creams. Low scent (& masculine in a traditional sense) and highly recommended. Remarkable, in an understated, accomplished way. "two thumbs up"

PS - FACE LATHERER. Brush used was an Edwin Jagger Best Badger (medium).

Great tip! Thanks for sharing! This actually looks and sounds great. THanks for sharing you experiences mate. So good to see some good local SHAVING specific products coming out. Until recently there were a small handful of local made products 'pretending to be shaving soaps' but really they weren't and performed poorly. Now with artisan soaps makers like Shaver Heaven (amazing!), and this Washpool Farm soap, it is so good to see local products. Not only is it great to support our economy, in atleast these 'small' ways, but also so much more affordable to buy and get stuff shipped locally.

Looks pretty good and if they did a test size I'd give it a try, I'd love a local product to be competitive with MWF but I would also prefer a hard puck

G'day Rocco, Luc and everyone else i have not met. (and those that also know me too of course). The lather is more aerated than thick and i thought that might pose a problem, but it hasn't despite the fact i much prefer a thicker lather. It is well hydrated. For application (as i faceshave) i invert the bottle and whisk it up. Still some experimenting. Only used a best badger brush thus far. I have not tried it with boar, nor super or silvertip yet.

I regret i am not on the shaving forums so much. Pity, as I enjoy the people i met. if on facebook, please PM me and I will add you on FB. :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom