What's new

Pipe 'baccy but cigar smell/taste?

SWMBO (and me too TBH) really like the smell of a great Cuban cigar. Is there a pipe tobacco that has a similar taste/smell?

Also, when shopping online for pipes I see a lot of listings that reference 6mm. What is it referring to? Draw hole?

Lastly, for you gents that clench the pipe in your teeth, how do you keep from getting tooth marks in the mouthpiece, or does it matter?

Sorry for all the Q's, still very much the newb as you can see.

Pipe tobacco and cigars are completely different beasts. The closest thing you'll find is Semois, but even still that's nothing like a Cuban cigar.

6mm refers to the filter that the pipe takes. 9mm is the other filter size, while most pipes don't have any filter.

One way is by using rubber "softy bits," the other way is to not clench hard.

I've always found that the blends with cigar leaf in it taste nothing like cigars.

Some of the C&D VaBurPers give off a Connecticut wrapper sensation to my taste buds. Old Joe Krantz, Burley Flake #3 and I can't remember the third, remind me of a cigar. But they are very heavy on the Vitamin N.

Hirsute

Used to have fun with Commander Yellow Pantyhose
I've always found that the blends with cigar leaf in it taste nothing like cigars.

Agreed! The most cigar-like smoke I've had is Semois. Peretti Cuban blend is probably next in line.

I have a broken cigar that I plan to break up and put in a pipe. If I have a cigar roach that didn't start getting icky at the end I'd finish it in a pipe.

More practically speaking, probably nothing in a pipe is going to do the job when what you really want is a cigar, but for those times where you're flexible perhaps a decently strong English blend like Dunhill My Mixture 965 could work.

Top Bottom