What's new

Gillette foamy barber-shop fresh vs. Gillette foamy Regular

Hello there,

Recently, the drugstore near my place added "Gillette foamy barber-shop fresh" to their collection of grooming products. Before I consider purchasing a product, I always consider asking from gents who have experience in using it. I have already used gillette regular foam but I don't really know how it compares with the barbershop version.
The qualities that I really wish to compare are

1... Scent (Are the scent of two products same? If not, which one would you prefer when it comes to giving you a classical feeling)
2... Longevity of the scent (Which of the two products have a long lasting scent that you and others around you can smell)
3... Slickness

Thats it :001_smile

Thanks for your input and your help. :thumbup1:

Years ago I used the Barber Shop scented Foamy, and always loved the smell of it. I wish there was a soap or cream scented like it around. It's been long since discontinued over here, so if you have found it there, buy it up and enjoy! Can might not be the best way to go, but at least it's a good scent and that will make it enjoyable in that aspect anyway.

Years ago I used the Barber Shop scented Foamy, and always loved the smell of it. I wish there was a soap or cream scented like it around. It's been long since discontinued over here, so if you have found it there, buy it up and enjoy! Can might not be the best way to go, but at least it's a good scent and that will make it enjoyable in that aspect anyway.

Thanks a lot for the input. Well I guess I should purchase one and give it a try. There is not a whole lot of these anyway in their stock.

Gillette has brought back this great product. I use it daily on my head, and this week on my face too. Great scent, truly great. I wouldn't be without it. I pair it with Mr. Fine American Classic AS and am living the dream!

I think the Barbershop Fresh has moore of a scent. And a nice one, at that. That being said, it may be so "fresh" that no aftershave is needed. I struggle with that decision when using BF.

Gillette has brought back this great product. I use it daily on my head, and this week on my face too. Great scent, truly great. I wouldn't be without it. I pair it with Mr. Fine American Classic AS and am living the dream!
Good to know! I have been wanting to try this one, what stores are carrying it?

I have checked Walmart, CVS and Walgreens locations here in Northern California and have yet to see the return of Gillette Barbershop Fresh. It is definitely on my list, though.

i have been using gillette foamy to very good today i got gillette pro glide it is very good to just a drop go a long ways

It has showed it's face around here again! I MAY pick one up and think about using it? I'm sure it will sit for a very long time first, but after all this time I at least will have it.

I tried the Gillette Barbershop Fresh today. It is a good canned foam, similar to the other Gillette Foamy products in face feel, protection, etc. For me, the scent is sort of similar to a Johnson's baby oil aroma. I believe it would pair well with Gabel's Original After Shave or Mennen Skin Bracer, as the scent is similar to those. I don't believe the scent is better than the yellow Barbasol, but it is very close and very good!

Send me some....shipping will be pretty pricey...How much in Pakistan?? Nice to see you on the B&B and you have been in this cult for awhile...Ha!HA!..Frank M.

I tried the Gillette Barbershop Fresh today. It is a good canned foam, similar to the other Gillette Foamy products in face feel, protection, etc. For me, the scent is sort of similar to a Johnson's baby oil aroma. I believe it would pair well with Gabel's Original After Shave or Mennen Skin Bracer, as the scent is similar to those. I don't believe the scent is better than the yellow Barbasol, but it is very close and very good!
I posted the comments above after my first try. After having used this a few more times, I have noticed some subtle differences in the scent, calling the scent similar to baby oil is a good start, but not the end of it. I detect citrus and powder, and I must say this might just be as good as Barbasol in the yellow can! It's definitely a good one to try if you can find it and are okay with canned cream.

Top Bottom