What's new

Wallets

I'm looking for a nice, slim, high quality wallet that I may carry in the front or rear pocket. Preferably something not to expensive.

What are you guys carrying...suggestions?

Thanks

Its not slim by most standards but I always recommend the Spec-Ops T.H.E wallets if leather isn't mandatory. There are a few different sizes but its made of nylon. I've been carrying the same one in black for close to 15 years. Its very durable, well built and versatile. Mine broke in for about a year or so and then seemed to stop wearing. Nothing has torn or cracked or broke on the wallet in all the time I've owned mine. I think about getting something smaller(mine is the largest model) but when it comes time to pull the trigger I can't give the thing up.

http://www.specopsbrand.com/on-the-body/wallets.html

I'm in for a new wallet as well ... I'm looking for a lifetime wallet for coins, paper money, and cards. Good quality leather, and with stitches that hold up over the years.

My current wallet is 6 or 7 years old, and while the leather is good, the stitches are not holding up well. Not sure if it's worth to get this one patched up.
(it wasn't cheap when I bought it, so I'm slightly disappointed)

I have a Coach wallet. I've had it for fifteen years and it is still going strong. (It does have a little character to it) but it was a very well spent $100.

...Just remember that no wallet will be thin if you're carrying around a ton of stuff. Be sure to go through and really minimize what you carry first...
I think this is the best advice, but it can be a little difficult to have a really thin wallet if you mostly use cash for purchases.

IMO it is not worth the weight and bulk to buy a heavy duty durable wallet, carrying a light duty one in the front pocket can greatly extend its life.

I'm looking for a nice, slim, high quality wallet that I may carry in the front or rear pocket. Preferably something not to expensive.

What are you guys carrying...suggestions?

Thanks
There's a bunch of good options available on Etsy. I would start there and then if you want to get spend, try the top leather goods purveyors such as Mulholland Brothers, JW Hulme and T. Anthony. In between there are a number of good options from companies like Filson and Orvis. Hope this helps.

I got a decent Fossil slim-line wallet at one of their outlet stores. $24 CAN, taxes in. I've only had it three weeks or so, so hard to tell what longevity will be like but it's real leather, looks nice, and the price was right..

I got this wallet. If you don't want it to be leather, the nylon is supposed to be thinner. I'm very happy with it. Just remember that no wallet will be thin if you're carrying around a ton of stuff. Be sure to go through and really minimize what you carry first.

http://www.all-ett.com/mens-wallets/leather-wallets/classic-leather-inside-id-wallet.html

I have the nylon original version of this one and I love it, can't recommend it enough. I used to have a wallet the size of George's from Seinfeld and after one day driving around looking at potential house purchases, I strained the sciatic nerve on my right side (where I keep my wallet). I tried using a single slot leather wallet but it could only carry about 5-6 cards. I found the All-Ett nylon wallet and I am currently carrying 16 cards in my wallet, with plenty of room for more, as well as the two bill slots, one for receipts and one for cash. It has little rubber "bumps" on the inside of the slots so that cards don't just slip out all the time. Being able to carry that amount of cards is very helpful for me since, with two younger kids, we tend to have to be fluid with our plans, needing museum and library membership cards, Costco, subway and parking, and other "loyalty" cards at a moment's notice. Its pretty tall (it stacks the slots on top of each other, so its a little bit taller than two cards stacked) but I can fit it into my front pockets no problem. Also having that design helps it bend and contour.

Its certainly not handsome by any stretch of the imagination and its pretty crinkly at first, but its held up over several years now. Its not expensive either so if it doesn't last too much longer, I'm not out much. A few stitches have come loose but its still in great shape.

I carry a card wallet and my money is a money clip. A card wallet can hold a surprising number of cards and not get too fat and I have 2-4 different money clips I use depending on how many bills I'll be carrying.

I use a Saddleback front pocket:

proxy.php

I carry a dosh "luxe" in the front pocket. Essential cards and a few bills, without bulk.
proxy.php

It's a low profile, contemporary design with a slick look. The materials used are very resilient... as in it looks as good today as the day I bought it, now more than five years ago.

Last edited:
you can always check out small business shops on etsy and instagram. Their are some great leather guys on IG that make some really nice hand made wallets. Just my .02

Top Bottom