What's new

Wallets

I too have a Coach wallet that my wife gifted me a few years back. It is slim enough for my front pocket and has held up very well over the years.

I looked for ages for a good looking and fully functional slim wallet. I eventually settled on a vintage Amity Director. The one I got was NOS from around the 1950's. It's a great wallet. Very slim but holds everything I need.

Just wanted to throw this out there as well. Here is a slim minimalist wallet I carry sometimes. Nice Horween leather breaks in quick. And lasts a long time. $ImageUploadedByTapatalk1431019199.309989.jpg$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1431019207.842607.jpg

I carry a dosh "luxe" in the front pocket. Essential cards and a few bills, without bulk.
proxy.php

It's a low profile, contemporary design with a slick look. The materials used are very resilient... as in it looks as good today as the day I bought it, now more than five years ago.

Nice wallet! I may get one for those outdoor trips.

@hrfdez as an avid fisherman, the wallet has been thoroughly soaked on a number of occasions, and has handled like a champ.

I carry a Nautica passcase wallet that I picked up at their outlet in Edinburgh, Indiana for around $10 that I'm very fond of. Before that one, I carried a Tommy Hilfiger passcase wallet that I still have. I just preferred the style of the Nautica version more.

I found a picture online that fit my needs and made one from thin patterned leather. It is minimalist but holds all that I need and sits well in my front pocket.

$DSCN1122.JPG$DSCN1124.JPG$DSCN1123.JPG

The mitchell money clip is worth a look. I read for a while before selling on it and I'm very happy. I like the quality of the leather, and the way it's going to age over the years (I have the cheapest one). It's front pocket thin and rear pocket comfy with about 9 cards and a few bills. It's the best balance I could find in a wallet. It holds the cards I have to have every day, holds a few bills without making them a filed up mess, will age nicely, and stays thin. It get bonus points for being more of a craft item than a fossil or other big name item. I'll buy mass produced all day if it is superior and priced well, but I prefer something with the maker's effort in it if it makes sense.

Oddly enough, a wallet is the only thing I won't spend money on. I have one, but it's a no-brand, black one. I carry a few non-credit cards and my IC card in it, plus cash, and it gets sat on a lot. Notes here are fairly small denomination ($2, $5, $10, $50 usually) and no one has change so your wallet is stuffed with twos and tens to pay taxis and fifties to pay for beers. So the wallet needs replacing quite regularly, in fact I was looking at it just before replying and it is looking time(!)

Top Bottom