What's new

2015 B&B Gold Dollar Mod Competition

The Straight Razor Forum is abuzz with anticipation. The stark raving shavers have clamored, and their calls for competition have been answered. But what could they possibly want? An Olympic event, that hasn't been recognized yet? The wetshaving version of Junkyard Wars?

attachment.php

It is with great excitement, that we present the 2015 B&B Gold Dollar Mod Competition.

The objective of this competition:

Contestants have until July 1, 2015 to procure a brand new, carbon steel Gold Dollar straight razor(or several), and transform it from a dysfunctional, mass produced pile of dung into a sharp, gleaming work of barber art!

Anything goes! So long as it is considered shaveworthy! The entries will be judged by the Mod Team, after July 1! Their top 3 picks will be entered in a Forum-wide poll, where your fellow members will vote for their favorite.

To enter the competition, contestants must meet the B&B 45/50 rule by the last day of competition. Contestants must also abide by the B&B TOU!

It is also our pleasure to announce that this year's competition has been generously sponsored by our very own, mbrando. AKA, Mike at The Restored Razor! Thanks, Mike!
proxy.php

First place is one 7/8 Brandonisio and Bro. Uno. The Uno is manufactured using US 1095 High Carbon Steel hardened to between HRC55-60 with a target of HRC58. The blade is polished to a bright finish. It will be blade only. No scales un-honed.
proxy.php

proxy.php

Second place is a compact barber's hone made of natural slate with nominal size of 4.5" x 1.75" x .375".

proxy.php

Third Prize - Urethane cast scales. Reproduction vintage scales.
proxy.php

Get your GD's ordered, get modding, and get signed up for this competition!!!

Last edited:
I'm in! Three GD's arrived at my door step last week after a mere 3 week wait. I guess some slow boats are faster than others. I've already spent a couple hours grinding this morning.

I started one for last years contest but never got around to finishing it. I might have to see if I can find it and have a go at completing it.

I ordered five earlier this week. Ive got no chance given the wonderful talent here, but hopefully the challenge will push me to greater heights than I would have done on my own.

Top Bottom