What's new

Brush at Whole Foods

Whenever I see anything new in a store that I can actually set foot in, I buy it. I buy it in hopes that others will too and that the store will notice, and the more modern stuff could possibly lessen someday.

the body shop also sells a synthetic brush
I bought one of these Body Shop synths a long time ago. It felt good on my hand, lathered up like a dream, but as soon as I put it to my face, something felt wrong. It splayed out so much and it felt hollow in the middle. Although the brush was full of lather, very little of it was getting on to my face. I had to finish that shave with another brush. I cleaned the Body Shop brush and put it away and never used it again, and it turned me off to synths for many years, but I've been getting interested in picking one up again lately.

I'd like to take a look at this EMJ brush. For $20 it looks like a good deal, and if that handle is wooden, even better. I'm wondering why they put the WEIGHT (2 Oz.) of the brush on the package? I've never seen that before, and can't imagine why it would matter.

I'm wondering if this brush is available anywhere else? I've seen a few EMJ products at Wegmans, and Target sometimes features EMJ gift kits on an end-cap during holidays like Xmas and Father's Day.

But the real question is, how does the EMJ perform? Somebody should take one for the team and try it out.

Last edited:
the body shop also sells a synthetic brush

I bought one of those when they were having one of their frequent online sales, along wth the Maca Root shave cream and the AS balm. It's not a bad brush and at 40% off it came to only $7.20. Heck MSRP is only $12.00.

I stand corrected, Josh. I must have been thinking of just their gels.

It would seem that with this tub, Dove's new tub, and that Nivea tube, maybe shaving brushes are getting a little bit more attention hopefully. But yeah they're "normal" stuff is brushless.

I saw the brush at Whole Foods today; they had a tester on the shelf. It was different from the one in the photo. The new one has a knot that is dyed to resemble badger. It had soft tips, as you'd expect, but a lot of backbone - much more than any other synthetic I've tried. Testing it dry on the back of my hand, I would call it scrubby. It seemed to behave more like natural hair but was not as soft as a Plisson or a Whipped Dog. I decided to buy it. That is when I discovered that I left my wallet at home:blush:. Maybe next time.

Top Bottom