What's new

Stirling Syndicate

Sorry, I just found this thread again.

Yeah, American Blend smells like a barbershop in a bottle. It smells like an old fashioned American barbershop. It's an aptly named product. I love it.
Thanks for the info! Good to know. I might have to get me a sample from Maggard. Totally off topic... This Maggard Edge thing further enables my ADs. I can see myself placing an order for something almost weekly for the whole six months.

I used sharp dressed man for the first time this morning. This is the first time I've ever used Stirling. I reeeally liked it. It was super slick, and lathered pretty easy for me. I have the advantage of Oregon water, so I have never had trouble lathering soaps as long as I hydrate it enough.

I'm not sure about the scent. It's not bad, but it wasn't what I was expecting. It smells a little like generic hand soap to me. Its OK, but my next Stirling soap will probably be a different scent.

You guys have me wanting to try a sample of the Executive Man. Great thing about Stirling is the samples are huge in my opinion and give alot of shaves so you can really tell if its a keeper. The fact that they sell 5.8 ounce pucks in plastic containers now for like $12 is pretty much unbeatable.

Island Man sounds awesome too.

I used sharp dressed man for the first time this morning. This is the first time I've ever used Stirling. I reeeally liked it. It was super slick, and lathered pretty easy for me. I have the advantage of Oregon water, so I have never had trouble lathering soaps as long as I hydrate it enough.

I'm not sure about the scent. It's not bad, but it wasn't what I was expecting. It smells a little like generic hand soap to me. Its OK, but my next Stirling soap will probably be a different scent.

Sharp Dressed man reminds me of Irish Spring soap.

Just got Orange Chill and Brutish in the mail yesterday and I also use the bath soaps that they make. If you haven't tried them yet you definitely should, it's top notch stuff.

I just got in my stirling samples! Bay rum, executive man, frozen tundra, margaritas in the arctic, ozark mountain, stirling spice, sharp dressed man, texas on fire (i agree about the scent!), and vanilla sandalwood! Rod threw in a free lime sample as well! Great customer service, I'm really excited to start trying these!

I like Stirling shave soap and bath soap. It seems like their shave soap doesn't require as much water to get a good lather.

I just got in my stirling samples! Bay rum, executive man, frozen tundra, margaritas in the arctic, ozark mountain, stirling spice, sharp dressed man, texas on fire (i agree about the scent!), and vanilla sandalwood! Rod threw in a free lime sample as well! Great customer service, I'm really excited to start trying these!
How is the vanilla sandalwood?

I just ordered iced pineapple and island man

Please let us know of your experience with it. I'm deciding between Rods Gin & Tonic and one of his new summer scents. I'd buy both but I have too much stuff out for delivery already. Difficult putting a limit but I gotta right now.

I raised the question of small tins and brush loading with Shannon.
I had a email back and she's looking into a different way of packaging her shaving soaps in a plastic jar/tub.
I've since re-packaged my Shannon's soaps in plastic tubs with loads of room to load the brush :thumbup1:.

Personally, I found both soaps to be very good, but Shannon's soaps are better and one of the very best being offered. Nonetheless, her scents just don't agree with me, unfortunately.

I raised the question of small tins and brush loading with Shannon.
I had a email back and she's looking into a different way of packaging her shaving soaps in a plastic jar/tub.
I've since re-packaged my Shannon's soaps in plastic tubs with loads of room to load the brush :thumbup1:.

this is very good to know. Thanks for the updated info. I'm going to have to try Shannon's Soap!!!

I have several of both, and both are excellent. I find Shannon's is easier to work up a lather, more forgiving. If you can't work up a great lather with Shannon's, you are simply doing it wrong.

However Stirling can produce a lather of equal quality once you get the hang of it. It takes a lot of water, but not too much.

Shannon's is softer, almost a "croap." A puck of Stirling will last longer.

Shannon's scents are pleasant, but on the subtle side to my nose. No such issue with Stirling.

I don't have any problem with Shannon's tins. In fact, I order the small tins for my Stirling soaps, which are very similar.

Shannon's Lemon Chill has a nice menthol blast.

If I had to pick one . . .

Well I don't have to, so I will continue to use both. :thumbup1:

--Bob

I received my iced pineapple and island man.

The iced pineapple smells amazing! I love it! This is going to be a great summer scent

The island man smells great also but is very weak. I usually expect a stronger smelling soap from stirling

I put in an order before he came out with the tubs and new fancy scents. I would have loved some Iced Pineapple, so I guess I might have to put in another order :lol:

Top Bottom