What's new

Stirling Syndicate

I ordered my first Stirling Shave soap as well as a bath soap both in Lime. I ran out of the RazoRock lime I had and wanted to try Stirling out after reading so much about it here. Looking foward to trying it out.

For me, Shannon's is a lot like mike's, only slicker. My main issue with it was the tin size: I'd prefer a larger one.
Stirling is REALLY slick when you get the water amount right, and it has really good staying power, in my opinion.
For me, the difference between Stirling and Shannon's is face-feel. There's just "something" about the Shannon's face feel that seems a little nicer to me; totally subjective but there you go.

Hey guys. I see that Stirling has a coconut lime scent out, and I think that'd be a great summer scent. Does anyone have this that would be able to help with the scent, other than that it's coconut lime scented. Anything you'd compare it to, soap or something completely different from shaving?

Thanks!
Tim

That is one of his newly released soaps, I think as of Monday. I doubt anyone has tried it yet. I could be wrong. But I do have a sample of his lime and it smells great, and as always great lather from Stirling.

The "Island Man" scent also has coconut and lime, plus other stuff. It's based on Creed Island Water, so I'm assuming it's a little more cologne-like, but I'd be curious to compare the two.

Had my first glacial experience this morning! I've had a sample of the spearmint for a while, but wanted to wait until it was warmer until I try it.

I didn't notice any real differences in the lathering capabilities over the non-glacial range (I've tried a few of them).

I'm a face latherer, so I spent a fair time working the lather up on my face, and my goodness, when the menthol kicked in, it did with a vengeance! I think previously, the strongest menthol kick would have been Godrej, and this was incomparable.

I had a great 3 pass shave, I wouldn't have expected anything less from Stirling, and I chose not to put any splash on, just rinsed with water. I think the menthol effect lasted for about 10 minutes, have to say that I could smell the soap every now and again for the rest of the day, not sure that's relevant to the glacial, but was a nice reminder.

Day 2, 3 and 4, I got over the shock of the menthol kick. I'm not sure if I would go as far as to call it enjoyable, but there is still time.

This morning (day 4) I can confirm it's certainly good for loosening up my sinuses, and I'm not going into any more detail on that episode!

I'm in a bit of a "Clean-out" mode with my supplies. I have a bunch of products from my pre-Stirling days, and I want to get rid of them, so that I can make room for more Stirling!!

Well, one of them was a sample of Captain's Choice Bay Rum aftershave. I have a full bottle of Stirling's Bay Rum. I have to say, I prefer Stirling's offering far and above the Captain's Choice!

Although I have not tried Stirling, I am a BIG fan of Shannon's. Easy to lather, super slick, and the aftershave feel is in a league of its own in my experience. My personal top tier is Shannon's, Mystic Waters, Mikes, and B&M. For one reason or the other Shannon's Soap seems to always be the one I am reaching for in the morning : ) Its that good.

However, the containers as previously mentioned are a pain in the rear end.

Give Shannon's a try. You will not be disappointed.

I've tried about a dozen Stirling soaps (samples) and I've tried 11 different Shannon's Soaps (full tins) and the choice is an easy one for me: Shannon's, hands down. To be fair, Stirling is nice and slick, but Shannon's is slicker and has better scents (to me). The new Coconut Lime is phenomenal!

I've tried close to 200 different soaps/creams and Shannon's is the slickest soap I've used yet. And yes, that beats Tabac, ABC, XPec, etc. etc. etc......

YMMV of course.

I've been curious about Shannon's soap also so I'll be following this topic. For the time being I've only bought Stirling and I'm a pretty big fan. In the Clubs and Brotherhoods area you might want to check out The Stirling Syndicate, I don't remember ever seeing one for Shannon's.

+1

Tim

I'm currently working my way through 7 samplers from Shannon's soaps. The samples came in wax bags and at first I tried splitting the bag and lathering, but that was a misstep on my part. I couldn't load the brush correctly and wasted too much energy trying to lather up. I ended up putting them in condiment mini cups and loading my brush from them. Once I did that I got the lather I had read about and expected.

So far I've tried:
Woodlands - Nice earthy smell. Puts me in mind of The Hobbit for some reason. So far this one is my favorite
Lemon Freeze - Smells like a Lemon drop candy and a mint. Very refreshing.
Black Magic - This one is more subtle than the first two I tried but has a nice spicy scent.
Coconut Lime - I'm not a fan of coconut in general but I do think that when used minimally it can enhance other scents quite nicely. This one works for me. The coconut is present but it doesn't overpower the lime. I like this one too.
Lavender Lemongrass - The lemon is light in this soap and it doesn't overpower the lavender. Another nice combination
I've got a few more to sample but since I only shave a few times a week it may take a while.

Well, despite being a big fan of Stirling Soaps' line of products I am intrigued by all the high praise for Shannon's Soaps. So, I decided to pick up a few samplers. Hopefully, in the not-too-distant future I will have the following arriving on my doorstep: Silk Pajamas, Woodlands, Lady Luck, Barbershop, and Black Magic.

Tim

Congrats! Enjoy the shave, I'm a Stirling fanboy of all their products. Shave soap, bath soap, aftershave...they are all superb. I am anxiously awaiting the shampoo bar to be released. Although...Rod is bald (or shaved head) so I hope he finds better test subjects!

Good to know! I guess my main concern is if I like the Fine Platinum sample (scent wise only), am I probably going to like Stirling? I imagine so.

American Blend is on my list of wants for sure. Is it typical barbershop scent?

I've considered trying the glycerin trick. I tend to really enjoy splashes with it in the ingredient list.

Sorry, I just found this thread again.

Yeah, American Blend smells like a barbershop in a bottle. It smells like an old fashioned American barbershop. It's an aptly named product. I love it.

Well, despite being a big fan of Stirling Soaps' line of products I am intrigued by all the high praise for Shannon's Soaps. So, I decided to pick up a few samplers. Hopefully, in the not-too-distant future I will have the following arriving on my doorstep: Silk Pajamas, Woodlands, Lady Luck, Barbershop, and Black Magic.

Tim

Shannon's Soaps are pretty soft, so you can press the samples into a mug or container of your choice to spread it out to make it easier to load. You will not be disappointed!

Enjoy your shaves!

Top Bottom