What's new

First time (for the second time)

Keep it simple. Two passes and done. Perhaps WTG x2 for the first several shaves, then WTG / XTG once you feel ready. Don't obsess over super close shaves, just enjoy it and have fun.

Keep it simple. Two passes and done. Perhaps WTG x2 for the first several shaves, then WTG / XTG once you feel ready. Don't obsess over super close shaves, just enjoy it and have fun.

This will be my goal today. My "touch up pass" yesterday made me a little red, but didn't leave much razor burn and feels good this morning.

Just go for it:thumbup:

I tried. Maybe too hard. Yesterday and today I kept myself to two passes only. But I managed to give myself a bit of razor burn on my neck. I think I've gotten complacent with pressure/angle. I also started using an alum block yesterday. I don't think my skin likes it very much. It seems to make the razor burn get redder and angrier. I also don't like the way it feels on the rest of my face, even after rinsing it and applying my aftershave balm. Thirty minuets later I applied a generous amount of aloe vera gel which seems to have soothed my face a bit. I'm going to try Thayers WH tomorrow instead of the alum block to see how that works. If not, I'll stick to the the balm and aloe gel.

I also realize that the best way to deal with razor burn in to prevent it. And my YMMV!! :)

(On a side note, the alum block might be good for treating the inevitable poison ivy I get every summer.)

I tried. Maybe too hard. Yesterday and today I kept myself to two passes only. But I managed to give myself a bit of razor burn on my neck. I think I've gotten complacent with pressure/angle. I also started using an alum block yesterday. I don't think my skin likes it very much. It seems to make the razor burn get redder and angrier. I also don't like the way it feels on the rest of my face, even after rinsing it and applying my aftershave balm. Thirty minuets later I applied a generous amount of aloe vera gel which seems to have soothed my face a bit. I'm going to try Thayers WH tomorrow instead of the alum block to see how that works. If not, I'll stick to the the balm and aloe gel.

I also realize that the best way to deal with razor burn in to prevent it. And my YMMV!! :)

(On a side note, the alum block might be good for treating the inevitable poison ivy I get every summer.)
Why not cold water. ... it reduces the irritation and promotes faster healing.

Why not cold water. ... it reduces the irritation and promotes faster healing.

I use cold water as my final rinse. I use warm water the rest of the time. I'll try cold water in between passes too. I also started using witch hazel instead of the alum block. I like the witch hazel much better.

I almost requested admittance to the "2 pass shave club" yesterday. I had a decent shave. I'll see how today goes. Consider this my pre application.

I use cold water as my final rinse. I use warm water the rest of the time. I'll try cold water in between passes too. I also started using witch hazel instead of the alum block. I like the witch hazel much better.

I almost requested admittance to the "2 pass shave club" yesterday. I had a decent shave. I'll see how today goes. Consider this my pre application.
come on.. you can do it:thumbup1:
http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showth...2-Pass-Perfect-Shave-Club-who-s-in?highlight=

Top Bottom