What's new

Boat Shoes

I think you can wear ankle socks. Or plan to use foot powder to keep them dry and odor free. If it's hot your feet will sweat. Facts of life unless you are very lucky.

I took a short walk in them last night, and the rubbing wasn't too bad. I can see getting a blister or 2 before they are fully broken in though.

I asked about the funk because my feet do tend to sweat. I had a pair of canvas casual shoes that I wore without socks, that have gotten the funk. I'll just see how things go with these. Probably won't be as bad since they are leather. Worst case, I may try to get some sort of cedar block, or maybe some cedar balls in a mesh sack just to keep things fresh.

One thing I've never tried for getting the funk out but I've heard works is to put them in the freezer periodically. It supposedly kills the odor-causing bacteria.

Everyone's feet sweat, but that is part of what softens the leather so the shoes conform to your feet. I have been sockless in every pair I owned and they have never been offensive

If you get a hotspot from the new shoe, a bit of moleskin will give you protection until they break in.

Loving the Sebagos so far. They will take a bit to break in. Gave myself some pretty wicked blisters this weekend. They should be fine before too long though.

Too bad I didn't hold out for a few more weeks. AE just launched their new boat shoes.

proxy.php

http://shoebank.com/FactorySecondInventory.php?STY=11260S&DIM=D&SIZE=090

Top Bottom