What's new

Bought Some Brylcreem Today!

Was looking around my local Walgreens today for something to keep my hair together. All I was finding was stuff that looked like wheel bearing grease or toxic waste. So I walked over to the shave isle and there it was, Brylcreem, since 1928, Brilliantly Classic Hair Cream. Perfect. Contains water, mineral oil, beeswax, fragrance and some other things I can't pronounce. Not a 20 dollar pomade but i bet it will do the trick. Remember a little dab'll do ya!

I use it quite a bit....it has a great shine

Now I like a LOT of hold so I use a strong hold pomade to get my hair like I want it...then I'll add some Brylcreem over the top to let it shine, shine, shine.....I like it so much I ordered a jar of the UK Brylcreem.

As for Brylcreem by itself, it will provide a light hold....if you have short hair it should work for a nice natural look and I like the way it makes my hair feel as well.

no problem, I always like to share my experiences with different products....and yes I do remember the "a little dab'll do ya" commercials!

Brylcreem is a decent product. It's basically just a leave-in conditioner that has more hold due to the beeswax. Do not bother with conditioner in the shower if you use it.

Just keep in mind it will build up if you use it every day, and modern shampoos and soap bars will have a harder time removing it. It's not nearly as bad as VO5 in this regard, though (VO5 is like Brylcreem except it has no water in it at all). I find VO5 almost unusable on shorter hair because it is so concentrated (a pea sized amount makes my hair super-greasy).

My experience was that it had a great shine, but almost no hold. I had to keep a comb in my pocket to keep touching up my hair. I did like the way my hair felt while using it.

Truth be told....I was out with a few friends and his axle was making some weird noises....I had a tube of brylcreem on me and it fixed it right up...........It technically is ball bearing grease :/

I loved the fact that it's a classic product, now that I'm more seasoned in the use of hair products I need to go back and check it out! Especially since I'm running out of water-based pomades.

Hope you continue to enjoy it!

Truth be told....I was out with a few friends and his axle was making some weird noises....I had a tube of brylcreem on me and it fixed it right up...........It technically is ball bearing grease :/

Oh come now...
Water+Mineral Oil+Beeswax =/= Ball bearing grease.

The trick with Brylcreem is that you're kind of forced to use just a little of the stuff if you want to avoid having oily hair. The British version is a lot different. With that product, I can put in four scoops on my hair and it doen't result in oily hair. I love that stuff. You can style with it and it'll give a decent hold if you put enough in. One benefit for me is it darkens my blond hair when I use a lot of Brylcreem. It's got to be the mineral oil in the product because I get the same thing when I use a lot of Dax Wave and Groom and Murray's Superior. Both of those pomades use mineral oil.

I purchase the British Brylcreem on the net and it's not that expensive for a large tub of it. The scent is superb, and I get stared a lot when I use this stuff. When talk to people, they're looking at hair due to the shine. It's not as shiny as the U.S version, but it will give a lot of shine if you slather it on like I do for the wet look.

When I bought a tube of Brylcreem for the first time (after hearing the legends of it from my Grandfather) I hated the scent. It slowly started to grow on me and I now love it. That's never happened to me with any other product.

I prefer vintage, neat hairstyles. It definitely sets me apart from most people I know (I'm a high school student) and it makes me feel sharp.

I like the way Brylcreem makes my hair look/feel and I love the history associated with it. Especially the stories my Grandfather tells me.

Not heard of Brylcream in ages, yet I was in a shop today and an old guy in his late 60's or so had a tub of Brylcream in his hand. He turned round to his son's and said “awwww, I used to love the smell of this stuff" he proceeded to open and take a big waft, "no the same, but it brings back memories of the dancing son". Hahaha.

Top Bottom