What's new

Skull shave brush handle

Wanted to show off my new shaving brush with a skull shaped handle that I made. Glows in the dark blue. The photo doesn't do it justice though. I'd love to hear what everyone thinks about it. I might make one that is green as well.
$Shull shaving brush.jpg

Maybe if you had the bristle coming out from the top, the jaw could hold it upright.

I was thinking the same thing. Create a flat bottom with the jaw/neck, and drill a hole in the top. Double bonus of the knot looking like hair growing. Ch-ch-ch-chia!

Nice. Maybe a little bigger skull and a darker color would be better for my taste but nice none the less. Always good to see something new and different.

Mike H

Instagram Famous
That is great work. Did you cast it or carve it? Where did you get glow in the dark resin?

That is great work. Did you cast it or carve it? Where did you get glow in the dark resin?
Thanks. I cast it from a skull I have. I mixed in a glow in the dark pigment from coolglow.com into the acrylic resin to make it glow.

That's pretty sweet, no matter which way it sits!
Thanks. I thought about placing the knot on top, but since I'll hang the the brush knot down to dry after using I figured it look nicer being place on the bottom. Sits on the brush stand better this way as well.

I don't get the whole skull thing. My 17 yr old would like it though.

Drawing in the younger crowd is the whole purpose behind this brush. If we can draw in the younger generations, maybe DE shaving and the like will survive another 100 years.

I don't get the whole skull thing. My 17 yr old would like it though.

I don't get it either. The sad thing is my wife would love it!

Edit: I found this thread off of a Google search for "skull shaving brush" because she sent me a picture of this she saw on Facebook.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/191419048/skull-shaving-brush-hand-made-finest

Last edited:
Pretty cool brush now you get to admire the brush not only in the light but in the dark as well lol

Awesome! :thumbup:

Maybe you could make a top hat stand for him. You could set it upside down on the sink while shaving so could rest him in it to hold the hairs up. After he goes back in his other stand you put his hat back on.

Awesome! :thumbup:

Maybe you could make a top hat stand for him. You could set it upside down on the sink while shaving so could rest him in it to hold the hairs up. After he goes back in his other stand you put his hat back on.

That's a pretty cool idea. It would kind of resemble something from Guns n Roses then. Just need to figure out how to decorate the stand with really tiny roses to complete the effect. I'd probably never use it then and just place it on a self to look at.

Top Bottom