What's new

Tasted 3 Irish whiskies tonight.

In order of tasting: Bushmill's, Paddy's, and Michael Collins. Paddy's was the cheapest and harshest. I'll pass.
Michael Collins was the most expensive, but still had a harshness to it and not very complex. Bushmill's? Yes, I'll try it again. Super smooth. My first Irish whisky was Jameson, but this is so much better!! I'd mix the others, but sip Bushmill's. The bottle that went unsampled? Tullamore Dew. How does it compare?

Hmm, I've always felt Paddy's to be a fairly mellow whiskey and a great deal for the price. Can't really compare to Bushmills though.

Tullamore Dew is comparable to Jameson, IMO.

If you like Bushmill's, try another blend by them, Bushmill's Black Bush

Bushmill's "Three Woods" 16 YO is my favorite. I've had most of the ones mentioned here. 3 woods is very mellow. The name indicates it was aged in 3 different kind of barrel.

In my experience, Tullamore Dew is the smoothest Irish out there. It has been a staple in my home for over a decade. I frequent the same hotels in the cities I frequently travel to and they all stock it for me.

Try the Green Spot and the Tyrconnell. The Tyrconnell is very reasonable for a single malt Irish and not too bad. Green Spot is a little more money but very good. Also Greenore which is a single grain.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
Tullamore Dew has been my favorite for decades, but I look forward to trying Redbreast and other higher end single malts.

Tullamore D.E.W has been my old standard shipping Irish.

I use the standard fare sometimes too (hate to mix it but sometimes I do)

I'm sure there is better out there for more $$$ but I am happy with these two

proxy.php

Anyone else try Teeling? I was always a Tullamore DEW fan, but this is some good stuff, smooth, albeit a bit on the sweeter side, but I am enjoying this one...price point is right around $35 usd/fifth

I need to revisit Red Breast, been over 10 years since I had it, but I do not recall enjoying as much as everyone else did or seems to continue to.

Top Bottom