What's new

Tobacquisitions for April 2015

No it's not sealed. It's wrapped in gold foil and then put in a ziplock bag which is "security" sealed. One would think that pounds don't fly off the shelf and therefore this packaging method would maintain the flakes for a good while. The flakes are long and narrow and packed like a brick which would help maintain ambient humidity/moisture of the tobacco.

You could always send it to me, I'd look after it for you ;)

Ha, I'll think of your offer. But I appreciate the description. I have heard some stories about Solani's 100g packaging and was reluctant to get the HH lb flakes. I will absolutely be ordering 1 if not 2 lbs of the ODF. Love that stuff.

Round tobacco container made from heavy duty solid brass.

proxy.php

proxy.php

I got it from Track of the Wolf.
http://www.trackofthewolf.com/List/Item.aspx/107/1

$bent peterson.jpgNew to me Pete 313 came in today. I know some don't like the system pipes but this thing IMO is great. Four new or new to me pipes this month its time to cool off a bit.

Four new or new to me pipes this month its time to cool off a bit.

And here I thought you were just getting warmed up.

Love those old edgeworth tins, but still haven't run across a nice clean one at a reasonable price. The match striker on the bottom is a sweet touch.. everything about those tins is a reminder of way different times. I'd also love to try the old edgeworth sliced!

And here I thought you were just getting warmed up.

Love those old edgeworth tins, but still haven't run across a nice clean one at a reasonable price. The match striker on the bottom is a sweet touch.. everything about those tins is a reminder of way different times. I'd also love to try the old edgeworth sliced!

Actually the pic is the sellers but I do have one of those tins and a bigger one as well. Also I think its Pipes and Cigars offers a match to Edgeworth but don't know if its the sliced plug version or not.

Actually the pic is the sellers but I do have one of those tins and a bigger one as well. Also I think its Pipes and Cigars offers a match to Edgeworth but don't know if its the sliced plug version or not.

I have some of the ready rubbed match, but I think it's pretty different than the sliced.. It's a cube cut burley that reminds me of ovaltine, of all things. Good in a cob with a cup of coffee. I've heard Wessex Burley Slice is very similar to edgeworth sliced, and the one bowl of that I had was really great.. have a couple tins aging, but one of those is probably going to get opened sooner than later.

I'm lazy enough as is cleaning my normal pipes. It basically gets a pipe cleaner stuck in the pipe after I'm done... if I remember. If it starts to get yucky, I'll do a S/A treatment.
Haha! I understand completely. Right now I'm smoking FMOTT in a Suffolk straight Dublin with a stinger. Cleaning a stinger is a major pain for me, but I won't take it out for fear of losing it.

I've even gotten lazier myself. I had asked here once regarding everyone else's pipe cleaning habits. I was doing Everclear after every smoke, until I found out how much I was overkilling it. Now, it's a pipe cleaner after each smoke, and I haven't gone to the everclear in months. I'm getting a little less anal lately.

I'm getting less anal as well Slick. I use to do the same as you, clean the bejesus out a pipe after every smoke. Now it's a pipe cleaner.

Pipe cleaner when im done with the pipe for the day. (plus a paper towel for the system chamber if using the system pipe). Pipe sweetener/spirits and a good cleaning when I think its time. I decide when they need it and do the one ive been smoking that day until ive "deep cleaned" the rotation at the rate of one a day.

Top Bottom