What's new

experimenting with BBW and other stones I have hanging out

Just for ****s and giggles. Not trying to start another BBW circle jerk but wondering if anyone on HERE has tried shaving off one? I know the guys at Coticule.be did that experiment with it. In any case I have a cool look BBW on the back of vintage Pike I was exploring as an in between stage from 1k to Coticule and checked out the scratch pattern. It actually cleaned up the scratches from the 1k really nicely and was popping hairs halfway up my arm. Decided to give it a good strop and it was cleanly passing HHT-3.

I'm half considering attempting to shave with it but I'm fairly sure it's not shave ready. Still, it's pretty fun playing around with it. What stones are you guys currently messing around with?

I have a couple of BBW I want to try a shave from, but haven't gotten around to it just yet. Also have a couple found stones I need to try yet.

I only have rouge du salm and it's magnificent. Leaves the best mirror polish out of basically any stone I own. And wonderful shaves.

Suffice to say I was blown away.

I dont know if this is true but in the natural combos from 5 or 6 i own a BBW has similar quality like the coti on it . If the coti is fine , hard and good and the BBW is same - it is just slower stone .
I have shave from 1 of my BBW once but it take some time to make the edge on plain water and liquid soap on the very end . Not bad shave but if you put it on the thuringian stone - it will be a better .I see the BBW like a slower coticule with a diferent color .
And because my natural combos are so heavy dished and the white side is almost gone , from the knife sharpening of the previous owner :mad3:, i use a BBW a lot in the midle of the progretion , last step before finishing .

I only have rouge du salm and it's magnificent. Leaves the best mirror polish out of basically any stone I own. And wonderful shaves.

Suffice to say I was blown away.

Same here, the rouge de salm are great hones!, and my BBW (i call it Black Belgium Whetstone) is as fine as my black ark, used with oil. Just outstanding Edges.

Greets Sebastian.

Top Bottom