What's new

What kind of water do You drink?

What kind of water do you drink at home?

• Tap Water.

• Filtered Water (facet or home system).

• Bottled, Purified, Pure or Drinking Water.

• Spring Water.

• Natural Mineral Water.

• Distilled Water

• Art is King!

Results are only viewable after voting.

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
proxy.php
With today's health issues abound, I was wondering what kind of water do you drink at home
proxy.php

Read More: http://www.cdc.gov/healthyhomes/bytopic/water.html

The Mrs. and I after many years of travel , hearing that sage advice hammered into us..."Don't drink the water", and having since grown from drinking tap water as a child, teenager and young man (and since joined the Service in the 80's), we have only drank distilled water
(I know, I know);

$Distilled Water.jpg for years...because...I guess it's the 'cleanest' type of water to drink (keeping in mind the deployments and countries we visited).
attachment.php

So, I have ask our members here...what kind of water do you drink at home and why
proxy.php

proxy.php
"Water is the driving force of all nature". Leonardo da Vinci

Last edited:
I drink tap water filtered by a Brita filter. I only use the Brita filter because I prefer the taste.

Contrary to popular belief, tap water is completely safe. Tap water is highly regulated, and water purity tests are made public. Bottled water is not regulated, and water purity tests are never made public. Studies have also found that tap water is cleaner than bottled water.

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
[QUOTE =mretzloff;7253642]...Contrary to popular belief, tap water is completely safe. Tap water is highly regulated, and water purity tests are made public. Bottled water is not regulated, and water purity tests are never made public. Studies have also found that tap water is cleaner than bottled water.[/QUOTE ]
Matthew:
I didn't know that...you learn something new every day! :thumbsup:

proxy.php
"I believe that water is the only drink for a wise man". Henry David Thoreau

[QUOTE =mretzloff;7253642]...Contrary to popular belief, tap water is completely safe. Tap water is highly regulated, and water purity tests are made public. Bottled water is not regulated, and water purity tests are never made public. Studies have also found that tap water is cleaner than bottled water.[/QUOTE ]
Matthew:
I didn't know that...you learn something new every day! :thumbsup:

proxy.php
"I believe that water is the only drink for a wise man". Henry David Thoreau

There is a good documentary out there about bottled water called Tapped.

I drink tap water filtered by a Brita filter. I only use the Brita filter because I prefer the taste.

Contrary to popular belief, tap water is completely safe. Tap water is highly regulated, and water purity tests are made public. Bottled water is not regulated, and water purity tests are never made public. Studies have also found that tap water is cleaner than bottled water.

Tap water also has added fluoride. I drank kool-ade made with tap water growing up and only had 1 cavity, which was really small and the dentist did more work drilling and filling than just leaving it. My wife drank well water and has several.

I drink filtered tap water. I just have a Brita pitcher in the fridge. Also, I'm cheap and I don't change the filters as often as I probably should, so sometimes it's not even very filtered. My town recently got a pipeline so we can tap into water from a larger place. It's been an improvement. Not that I ever worried about the safety of our water, it was just hard and tasted a bit on the metallic side before. The new source would taste fine straight out of the tap as long as it's cold, but I find that filtering it prevents it forming stains on the inside of the cup when I make tea.

Top Bottom