What's new

palmolive shave cream

hi im in uk i find this cream clogs my razor a merkur hd is it something i'm doing wrong? Or can someone suggest a cream that wont clog my razor as much?

Try using more water in your lather but spending more time whipping so as to get less density.
Naturally be sure you clean out the innards of the razor periodically.
Just two thoughts.

cavalier,

+1 on checking the lather consistency.

A dollop the size of two peanuts is about right for Palmolive cream.

You could also try another cream - Body Shop Maca Root and Trufitt & Hill Authentic No10 (get it from Sainsbury's) work very well for me.

Also try the German Palmolive shave stick - the tallow based one. You can get it from Tesco's - the last one I bought was about 50p. It is an excellent shaving stick.

As an aside, I have found CIF Bathroom Cleaner works superbly for cleaning safety razors.

Have fun :001_smile

Best regards

Russ

It won't be much of an issue shortly as both the cream and the stick are being discontinued in the UK...On hearing the rumour I emailed Palmolive and they confirmed it..It seems it will still be produced in Europe however...

Someone suggested Niva..That is now being carried by Sainsbury's and there is also Ingram's from Superdrug...Once you go past those, the price shorts to escalate rapidly...

Adding more water is likely to help. It would be more expensive but Taylor of old Bond Street I find easy to lather and have great scents.
Our of curiosity, what does Palmolive cream cost in the UK? I know the sticks (my favorite) are 50p

Last edited:
It won't be much of an issue shortly as both the cream and the stick are being discontinued in the UK...On hearing the rumour I emailed Palmolive and they confirmed it..It seems it will still be produced in Europe however...

The cream as well? I thought only the stick was discontinued in the UK?

I think getting more water in the mix is the solution for the clogging indeed. That, and maybe a bit more time to create a slick and thin enough lather.

I hope this isn't the beginning of them discontinuing the stick altogether. It's an excellent soap and with such a long history.

Top Bottom