What's new

Worse than trying to ride with apehangers.

...learning to shave with a straight while I have a "monopoly man" handlebar moustashe.

I believe I have placed myself at a serious disadvantage, anybody have any tips or techniques?

thanx

My problem is I'm always trying to hold the stache out of the way and get around the corners of & below the mouth and stretch and see what I'm doing all at the same time.

Maybe I should put extra wax in prior to trying to shave...

Last edited:
That is why buffing strokes which avoid lifting the edge from the skin are great. You can feel where your are and buff with tiny strokes to move in close and around.

I have the handlebar as well. I go S-N with some buffing on the corners of the mouth under it, Ear to Nose to get that corner, and middle of my bottom lip to the corner of my mouth and that does pretty well for me without risking anything. I do pull it aside while skin stretching for some passes. On thing to NOT do, don't try to use the tip on a N-S stroke to get the corner of the mouth under it. Odds are very high you'll slice yourself... not that I'm speaking from any experience. :)

Full handlebar here... along with a beard.

I wouldnt use extra wax. In fact, I have found that NO wax is best, as I can easily move it out of the way, and it wont snap back like it would with wax.

But, like mentioned already, I use shorty blades and it does, indeed make it easier to shave around the stache. But, like you... I am holding it out of the way when cutting around it.

Try the shorty with your current technique, and see if that makes it different in a good way.

Top Bottom