What's new

Fragrance Samples Discussion Thread

Tried The Mobster again today from Dua. Great performer with a solid 12 hours. I still need to write more about some that I have tried but they all seem very well done.

Trying to decide what to wear tomorrow. The Amouage interlude sample has been looking at me everyday for a while now.

Tried The Mobster again today from Dua. Great performer with a solid 12 hours. I still need to write more about some that I have tried but they all seem very well done.

Trying to decide what to wear tomorrow. The Amouage interlude sample has been looking at me everyday for a while now.

Interlude and Jubilation are two that I want to sample. Can't wait to hear your thoughts on Interlude.

I think oud has wrecked my nose, worse than the three surgeries required since I picked myself up off the floor in college, having been tossed over someone's shoulder and breaking my fall with my nose. I returned to the F. Malle Musc Rav. sample this morning thanks to the recent Front Page review, which states,

"[FONT=Proxima, sans-serif]When initially sprayed, there’s a sour and rather unpleasant animalic musk note that quickly turns to a dirty acrid note. The opening is very abrasive and harsh and lasts approximately fifteen to twenty minutes." [/FONT]

I get none of this. Instead, I get sweet musk, vanilla, some spice, and an almost a minty note.

I think oud has wrecked my nose, worse than the three surgeries required since I picked myself up off the floor in college, having been tossed over someone's shoulder and breaking my fall with my nose. I returned to the F. Malle Musc Rav. sample this morning thanks to the recent Front Page review, which states,

"[FONT=Proxima, sans-serif]When initially sprayed, there’s a sour and rather unpleasant animalic musk note that quickly turns to a dirty acrid note. The opening is very abrasive and harsh and lasts approximately fifteen to twenty minutes." [/FONT]

I get none of this. Instead, I get sweet musk, vanilla, some spice, and an almost a minty note.

Rest assured your nose isn't wrecked, I get the same as you, minus the minty note. If I got the mint note, I'd never wear it again, lol. One of my least favorite notes.

MR is easily one of my top 3 fragrances.

Rest assured your nose isn't wrecked, I get the same as you, minus the minty note. If I got the mint note, I'd never wear it again, lol. One of my least favorite notes.

MR is easily one of my top 3 fragrances.
I'm pretty sure that if it had a bit of "funk" to it, I'd love it. But as it is, it's too sweet for me. Musk and vanilla almost always is too sweet for me.

Interlude and Jubilation are two that I want to sample. Can't wait to hear your thoughts on Interlude.
Almost wore it this morning. Then I recalled that the morning would be spent with the wife and the one time I wore it before she HATED it. I will wear it tomorrow.

I exchanged soaps with a member who also included two Hermes frag samples to try: Terre D'Hermes and Tam Dao. I tried a spritz on each wrist, and then had to wash my arms. Nope, not for me, not at all.

I exchanged soaps with a member who also included two Hermes frag samples to try: Terre D'Hermes and Tam Dao. I tried a spritz on each wrist, and then had to wash my arms. Nope, not for me, not at all.
Terre D'Hermes is supposed to be one of the greats and I almost blind bought it. NOPE not for me either. Is not listed in the notes but it has a lot of Iso E super just like Encre Noire. I don't like that either

Terre D'Hermes is supposed to be one of the greats and I almost blind bought it. NOPE not for me either. Is not listed in the notes but it has a lot of Iso E super just like Encre Noire. I don't like that either
Interesting. EN actually made me angry. Seriously. It is my least favorite frag to date.

Made you angry?? I almost spit my coffee,lol.
It did; I'm not joking. It was a visceral reaction. I recall spraying my wrist in the kitchen, my temper flared almost immediately, and I headed for the shower. After the shower I returned to the kitchen and had to scrub the floor. Nope, not my frag.

Sorry about your coffee; owe you a cup.

It did; I'm not joking. It was a visceral reaction. I recall spraying my wrist in the kitchen, my temper flared almost immediately, and I headed for the shower. After the shower I returned to the kitchen and had to scrub the floor. Nope, not my frag.

Sorry about your coffee; owe you a cup.

Nah, I didn't spill a drop, but I "almost" did ;-) hey, I didn't find that sample of Dries Van Noten, but I can make you one this week when I get back home. Love it!

I was not 100% sure what Iso E super smelled like. Many people seem to enjoy it so I bought some Iso E super to try. NOW I KNOW! Its a smell I will never forget. If anyone wants it I will give it to anyone who wants to pay shipping.

Top Bottom